Boston? (USA not Lincolnshire!!)

Discussion in 'Holidays' started by Malinky, 29 November 2006 Social URL.

1. Malinky

Malinky Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.38%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Everyone....
    We're off to Boston in May and although we've got flights booked we've currently got nowhere to stay - all the hotels are RIDICULOUSLY expensive!
    Has anyone been before? Or can anyone recommend somewhere to stay? Any tips (for anything - not just places to stay!) would be very gratefully received!
    I'm very excited - it will be my first holiday as a "thin person" and I can't wait! Just imagine, I'll be able to put that little lunch tray thing on the plane down properly rather then rest it on my belly and I won't need an extended seat belt - I think that (very sadly) I'm more excited about that then the holiday!
    Anyway - any advice much appreciated....
    Thanks
    Maria:cool:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Roch

Roch Minimins gal x

Start Weight:
    27st2lb
    Current Weight:
    25st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(7.37%)
    Diet:
    Low cal/low fat
  4. Malinky

Malinky Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.38%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks Roch,
    Plenty of good tips on there - that should keep me busy for a while!

5. Gill-cdthing

Gill-cdthing Gone, but who cares huh

we flew to boston 2yrs ago and stayed in a hotel 3 miles from the airport, but we only stayed one night as we them drove to portland maine, if i can remember the name i will tell you, cant tell you much about boston itself, but i do have a friend who lives there i can ask her anything specific, she is on another board and im sure will be happy to find stuff out for you, i do know the `cheers` bar is there now depending on how old you are you may have not heard of cheers lol

6. Malinky

Malinky Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.38%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    CDthing - I wish I was young enough not to have heard of Cheers - LOL!
    Thanks for the help, may well take you (and your friend!) up on your offer after I've spent a bit more time browsing the site Roch suggested!

7. Roch

Roch Minimins gal x

Start Weight:
    27st2lb
    Current Weight:
    25st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(7.37%)
    Diet:
    Low cal/low fat
    Glad the site was helpfull x

8. Gill-cdthing

Gill-cdthing Gone, but who cares huh

9. BurtBird

BurtBird Gonna be a 10!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hiya

Try .... The Boston Park Plaza ... lovely hotel I stayed in a few years back ....
    Everything was walking distance from there .... Cheers (or as its called, the Bull & Finch), China Town, good department stores .....
    x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.