Bouillon???

Nell132

Just wondering where I can buy this?
When I did cambridge I had something similar I think, but I'm pretty sure it was a cambridge branded thing?

What exactly am I looking for? :confused:

I've run out of savioury flavours, and with this cold weather I'd like something warm and savoury..

whats best, that I can buy at tescos?

thanks

Marigold Bullion, youll get it at all the supermarkets :)

If you google it youll see what the tub looks like :)

Cambridge did do their own version, and it was expensive too. You can get the Bullion in Morrisons. I've forgotten the name as I don't have any in the cupboard (on my list for next time I go shopping) but I know the one I have is in a green and orange tub with an orange lid.

Hahahah Starlight remembered the name and I remembered the tub. Yes it is Marigold :D

Ah ha.. Thank you!

I thought I recognised the name, I think I have seen this before :)

Do I need the reduced salt one, or is the standard one OK to use?

x

Hahahah Starlight remembered the name and I remembered the tub. Yes it is Marigold :D

Teamwork ;)

Ah ha.. Thank you!

I thought I recognised the name, I think I have seen this before :)

Do I need the reduced salt one, or is the standard one OK to use?

x

I have the standard one purely because I cant find the reduced one

excellent. I have the dreaded after work trip to tescos when I finish in an hour or so.. (after an 11 hour shift :(..) I hope it's no where near the bakery section! ;)

I think reduced salt is meant to be better... and I think it tastes even better too (bonus!).

It's purple with an orange lid and lives in the Free From section in supermarkets as it's gluten free and OK for vegans :)

Yeah I found mine in the Free from section in tescos.
The normal one is by the gravy and the reduced salt one is in the free from bit.

I dont like it though :(

That's a shame blue butterfly. I love it and find it quite filling. X

Or your local veggie shop should stock it, if your supermarket draws a blank.

I like it occasionally, find it useful to get a flavour going, or just to make a change from yet another tea or coffee.. :)

I might try some of this. Is there a limit on how much I have in a day?

depends how sensitive you are to carbs, and whether you are already 'tweaking'. Would not venture more than one or two day personally, but you'll have to read the labels and judge for yourself. :)

I have a couple of mugs of the original, and find it really filling - it just hits the spot when I fancy something savoury (a break from bars and shakes) :)

Thanks. I am have 100% so far, not tweaking at all! I haven't been finding it too bad at all but thought I'd try it and have it in the house for an emergency when I really need something other than water or coffee.

I have no idea how carb sensitive I am either, this is my first time on a VLCD. And I wouldn't have a clue what to look for on the side of the box with carb amounts - I don't know what is high or not! I really should brush up on this!

Recommend the Atkins book as a general reader about ketosis, or Lyle McDonald's 'The ketogenic diet: a complete guide for the dieter and practitioner' if you're up to something a little heavier going. Can't find a print version for love nor money, but most of the science chapters are available here:-

Linky

Thanks, will have a look when I get home from work.

Back