Bowel Movement Issues?

jaybird

Im due to start back on CD tomorrow however the last time i went on it for the first couple of weeks or so my number 2 would just be like water, i really dont want this to happen again this time, is there anything that you may help.

This from Cd website.

Just after starting on the Cambridge Diet I suffered from diarrhoea. Is this normal?
This is a minor problem and is considered a possible transient effect that will last for only a short time. Some people have systems that are not used to the mineral content in the Cambridge Diet. The solutions are very simple. One is to take a bulk laxative such as Metamucil, or Fibogel. This will provide bulk to the intestinal system and alleviate the problem. Another is to consume a full glass of water following the Cambridge Diet meal in order to dilute the effect of the minerals on the body. A third solution is to take the Cambridge Diet in the form of mini meals (six half portions per day) initially to slow the mineral intake.
Another possible cause of continued diarrhoea is lactose intolerance. Some people cannot digest the lactose in milk products, and diarrhoea can occur. If this is the case, an addition of the enzyme lactase is sufficient to solve the problem. Lactase is available from chemists or health food stores and is a very inexpensive solution to the problem.

First of all: Good luck jaybird!!!!!!!

Secondly,

I have diarrhoea some days and.. normal poo (sorry for the word) other days.. usually diarrhoea on days I can't use it. (= out and about) >.< My body hates me !

These tips might help me too, thanks a lot.

iam 9 days in and on my 3rd day i had a bit of the runs, wasnt expecting that and was real worried, i asked on here and was told bout the water, so now i have a big glass of water before and after just to help dilute shakes, so the info above is great for others who maybe feeling a bit pooeeeeeeeeeee lol (soz i had to b done lol).
Sharon xx

a big thank u for advice sim and ladies, im on day 8 and its become a nitemare, so im goin to drink water before and after and see if that helps, ive been searching for advice all week, so im really grateful thank u my cb lady did tell me to break it down into 6 but im yet to try that good luck all xx:wave_cry::eek:

Back