bowels !@

claz

wants to be slim
Hi, sorry about this question.. i am on day11 at the mo and i havent felt the need to go for about 4days now.. i drink loads of water so this isnt the issue... should i be taking laxative to help me go?

If you don't feel bunged up, then you have to remember volume in - volume out!!! Sorry if tmi!!

Yeah I'm with determinator on this one, if I've not been for 4-5 days then I take some dulcolax pico perles because I start to become bloated and my tummy hurts.

Dont leave it too long before you do something about it because it's not nice to feel so grotty :(

Hi, how many do you take?

Another idea would be to take psyllium husks (you can buy the powder on-line loose and add it to your shakes/soups or i got the capsure form in Holland&Barrett and take 2 every morning and they keep me 'going' so to spreak.
I was having a similar problem as you and found that others on here were using these and saying that they really helped so gave them a bash. They are completely natural.
All it is is a small quantity of concentrated fibre which helps what little we eat speed through the system . Do a search on it on the minimins forums as there are loads of posts about it.

You might find it better than the more direct route of the laxative?????

I think the husks is the way to go , laxative as a last resort , they are too easy to depend on and not good for you to keep doing throughout the diet. Im on my 9th day and have been three times , find I go every third day. I was on CD before and found I needed someting to make me go , but this time round with drinking plenty of water 3 litres a day I go regularly . Like Nixib said its a smaller amount your putting in so a smaller amount is coming out.

yeah physillium husks work for a lot of people ( although they didnt work for me ) and are a good way of keeping things moving . Although if you are actually binged up at the moment you need to 'clear the blockage ' before you start taking them or they will make it worse . I take 2-3 dulcolax pico perles ( get them from amazon since my tesco stopped selling them ) and it works by morning . Movicol also works very well and is available over the counter .

yeah physillium husks work for a lot of people ( although they didnt work for me ) and are a good way of keeping things moving . Although if you are actually binged up at the moment you need to 'clear the blockage ' before you start taking them or they will make it worse . I take 2-3 dulcolax pico perles ( get them from amazon since my tesco stopped selling them ) and it works by morning . Movicol also works very well and is available over the counter .

Agreed on Dulcolax Perles, I have used them a few times too, probably the best thing I have taken!

I take three usually, once took four and had what can only be described as a VERY embarrassing emergency! They worked faster and more effectively than I had imagined and not in a convenient place!.. resulting in something of a mishap! :eek:

Stay close to home if you have more than 3 and don't pass wind without being on the loo! TMI..sorry..LoL

Thankyou so much for this advice it had really helped me.. i will take a couple of ducolax tonight and see what happens.... i will then order the 'husks' to take daily to keep me regular x

Hi all, does anyone know how long it takes for the psyllium husk capsules to get things moving? I took 2 tablets yesterday morning and no movement yet this morning... just wondered how long it usually takes to see a difference?

ive never tried the husks as i get bunged up due to the meds im on and not the diet as such... i get dulcosate from my doctor and he prescribed me 2 tabs twice a day to keep me regular... but blah blah it dont work lol.. ive not been for 4-5 days now and know its gonna be a bigger dose of laxatives tonight to have a clearout.. is it just me or does having no bowel movement make ya feel like Poo (no pun intended) . i also gain weight when i dont go.. I use senna with the dulcosate and overnight it usually does the trick x

I had real problems on VLCD - it was the worst thing about it, then I discovered FibreCLEAR - Its made by Lipotrim, you can get in chemists selling Lipotrim or from Amazon. (this sounds like an advert! but it really worked) I took Dulcolax pearls for one day, then one scoop of fibre clear in every shake and soup , three times a day. It simply cured the VLCD constipation problem. It has no taste, bulks up the soups and shakes and your body does not get to rely on laxatives. I could not get on with the husks either, but they suit some people. As advised, solve your constipation with laxatives and then try to prevent it with adding non calories fibre. One of the joys of maintenance is that the body rapidly returns to normal even after eight months. Delights come in clothes, energy and p***s.

PS - Lipotrim now do a breath freshness spray too. Try their web site, I never tried the products but it is exactly the same principle as Exante.

GSQ

Well day 15 and success this morning...i am going to take the husks now daily to try and keep me regular as it was really stressing me out.. feel so much better today..

I feel really miserable if I don't go. In fact, I haven't been now for 3 days :( ....I actually feel nauseous at the moment. Im pretty sure its because my system is a little bunged up. I did try senokot, they didn't budge me at all....I took 5 in one go lol and they STILL didn't work!! Luckily I am finishing work at 8am this morning, so I plan to nip round to boots to get something stronger luckily it is only round the corner from my office :)

Back