1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Bowl of salad!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by spuds, 7 November 2010 Social URL.

1. spuds

spuds Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I enjoy my veg so i have no difficulty filling 1/3 of my plate with it, but when it comes to salad i'm a bit more fussy. I don't like tomatoes or cucumber so mainly stick to lettuce, peppers and onions.
    So would a big helping of lettuce, peppers and onions be classed as my 1/3?
    Thank you in advance.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. doesmybumlookbig

doesmybumlookbig Full Member

slimming world
    fruit veg or salad so yes
  4. avisk

avisk xx

Slimming World
    Yes, it would, but maybe you should think about salads as being any cold vegetables, rather than just the traditional lettuce/tomato/cucumber combination.

Peppers, grated carrots, grated courgettes, thinly sliced button mushrooms, thinly sliced fennel (best done with a vegetable peeler), French beans lightly cooked and cooled, baby whole corn (this is superfree, but sweetcorn kernels aren't) mangetout or sugarsnap peas, baby spinach leaves, endive, roasted butternut squash - they are all good in salads.
    Last edited: 7 November 2010
  5. doesmybumlookbig

doesmybumlookbig Full Member

slimming world
    of course I chuck anything in mine, Im not keen on lettuce on the best of times so chuck what ever I have in it, I tend to make a box up of a mixture and keep in the fridge then I dont have to prepare it all the time and I can grab and go!!!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.