boy how they change!!!!

My lovely son is 21 and he stopped with the mum hugs whilst he was still in primary school:cry: but grandma still gets a kiss (on the lips) every Saturday. I get kisses on text messages.

Otherwise, he is still polite, always keeps his bedroom tidy:D fills the dishwasher, hangs out the washing, brings the washing in, still lives at home and unemployed:cool: But he is job hunting & hopefully will be leaving home soon:D

Don't worry . They do change back. Mind you it took mine until he was about 30 to become the same nice person he was before.

He was never awful or in any trouble. He was always hard working and polite but so sarcastic I could have swung for him !!!

ooh my 16 year old thought he knew more on school subjects than the actual teachers. I don't think he is the same at college as he is actually working in the evenings now !!!

I dont want my 5 year old to ever change he is a dream.

My 9 year old was born in his 20's :).
My 9 year old was having girlfriend trouble !! and she was ignoring him, so my 5 year old told him to tell her that she has got a face like fat butt crack. I mean where does he get it from. couldnt stop laughing. he also called the 16 year old a big fat vagina.

My 15 yr old is much more moody and loves to shout, but he is nowhere as bad as my 18yr old daughter

Am not looking foward to my little chopstick growing up :( He turned 2 last week and before 7am on his birthday had dunked my blackberry in a glass of blackcurrent squash, am sure there was some irony there but was not impressed! Literally starting the "terrible 2s" right on cue!!!

xx

Oh no! My baby boy turned 15 yesterday!!!

My theory is that little boys are perfect at age 7. Seven is the age when all kids look odd, their hair changes giving them a wild unkempt look, their front teeth get lost/come in, their bodies lengthen. Altogether they look scruffy, but who can resist a scruffy boy who still loves his mummy and wants cuddles and stories??

Girls are best at age 5 and again at 8/9. Then at 11 they start to morph into a moody person, at 13 they get secretive making you terrified for them, at 14 they know everything and you are so uncool but X's mum is so cool and lets X drink and spends Saturday buying. Clothes for X! You want to kill X's mum.
At 16 she thinks she's the woman of the house and you should just step aside and be the uncool, boring servant you were born to be, who also works full time and spends no money so you can give it all yo your daughter!

My step son is coming up 13, and this last year, his moodswings and sulks are pretty bad, lol. I think he has potential to get even worse tho, lol. The youngest is nearly 11, and he says he will never get like his older brother, lol....yeah we'll see love, lol x

Girls are best at age 5 and again at 8/9. Then at 11 they start to morph into a moody person, at 13 they get secretive making you terrified for them, at 14 they know everything and you are so uncool but X's mum is so cool and lets X drink and spends Saturday buying. Clothes for X! You want to kill X's mum.
At 16 she thinks she's the woman of the house and you should just step aside and be the uncool, boring servant you were born to be, who also works full time and spends no money so you can give it all yo your daughter!

Oh my goodness this is so true!!!

My daughter is 13 and a hormonal nightmare. I am but a piece of dirt who is put on this earth to wait on her - washing, ironing, cooking, cleaning etc.

The first words when I come home "what's for tea" and my reply is generally followed with "urgh"

She is loveliest first thing in a morning as she is waking up and not fully conscious! After that she's mardy!!!

Shirleen said:
Oh no! My baby boy turned 15 yesterday!!!

My theory is that little boys are perfect at age 7. Seven is the age when all kids look odd, their hair changes giving them a wild unkempt look, their front teeth get lost/come in, their bodies lengthen. Altogether they look scruffy, but who can resist a scruffy boy who still loves his mummy and wants cuddles and stories??

jaylou said:
Oh my goodness this is so true!!!

My daughter is 13 and a hormonal nightmare. I am but a piece of dirt who is put on this earth to wait on her - washing, ironing, cooking, cleaning etc.

The first words when I come home "what's for tea" and my reply is generally followed with "urgh"

She is loveliest first thing in a morning as she is waking up and not fully conscious! After that she's mardy!!!

Oh no, you two have put the willies up me!

I have 2 girls, youngest is just 2, eldest is 6 nearly 7. 2 year old quite good. The odd strop, but more because she's so independent and wants to do everything herself and we don't always have the time!

My eldest! Eek! Attitude alert. Everything I ask her to do I get tutted and huffed at, she rolls her eyes and stomps about the house. She's 6 going on 16.

I really didn't think it could get any worse!!!

Oh no, you two have put the willies up me!

I have 2 girls, youngest is just 2, eldest is 6 nearly 7. 2 year old quite good. The odd strop, but more because she's so independent and wants to do everything herself and we don't always have the time!

My eldest! Eek! Attitude alert. Everything I ask her to do I get tutted and huffed at, she rolls her eyes and stomps about the house. She's 6 going on 16.

I really didn't think it could get any worse!!!

lol, yes it can get worse, I did have a drink (just 1 glass), most nights just to chill & calm down. Joking apart, I think one of the most important things to remember is who is in charge & don't back down. I always followed the three Fs rule, Fair, Firm, Fun, granted I dished out the fair & firm & OH dished out the fun:rolleyes:. It is a battle of wills and now my DD & DS are lovely, kind people, ahhhhhhhhh :D

well im glad i started this thread because some of your comments have reassured me and made me feel im not the only one with a sulking grunting teenager. Harry enfield got his character Kevin the teenager spot on!!!! well done Harry!!

I've got a 5 yr old boy, he is lovely a mummy's boy and I am making the most of it cos I know it won't last forever. My 8yr old daughter is going on 13. Mind you taking half hour off bed time usually stops her strops lol

Back