Brain teaser for a Friday afternoon...

icemoose

The Diet Guy
Imagine you are in a room with 3 light switches. In an adjacent room there are 3 light bulbs (all are turned off at the moment), each light switch belongs to one light bulb. It is impossible to see from one room to another. How can you find out which switch belongs to which bulb, if you may enter the room with the bulbs only once?

Nope you can't see from one room to the other.... (good lateral thinking though!! keep it up!)

:D Who cares, buy a torch, or get an electrician in:D
I can`t even begin to think today lol :p

Get an electrician in LMFAO!!

Sorry Mike, I am so rubbish at things like that !! but its got my hubbys brain smoking. :D:D

Switch them on for different periods of time, depending on how hot they then are will reflect which you switched on the longest.
Actually that's probably a daft plan, as I'm suggesting people touch them LOL

Switch them on for different periods of time, depending on how hot they then are will reflect which you switched on the longest.

OOOO thats good but time consuming

I know get 3 mates round to stand in the rooms and they can tell you if there bulb lights up.....lol.

THAT IS THE ANSWER!!

WELL DONE INDEED!!

My friend told me it and I spent 2 days on it and couldn't work it out.

The answer is you leave one switch on for 5 minutes, then you turn another switch on for 30 seconds.

When you go in the other room one of the bulbs will be cold, one will be warm and one will be hot and hence you know which switch goes to which bulb.

Stunning bit of thinking there!!!

:eek: My thinking wasn't quite as straight forward Mike :eek:

I was going to switch them all on together, then off with a few mins gap and see which one burnt the most! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I am....blonde!

You still worked out it was the difference in heat in the bulbs which I never even started to think about, I was thinking mirrors etc etc.

Well done!! Most impressed!! Have a reputation point on me ;-)

Mike

I have OCD with lights so I would have checked they were off 25 times afterwards LMAO! (no really I get into bed and get back up because I think I have left the lounge lights on)

My brother-in-law has an ocd with light swtiches, makes me giggle really even though I shouldn't!:D Whenever he enters or leaves a room, he strokes the light swtich once, just gently, nothing weird honest! Just seems really cute that this very skinny 6ft 2in bloke feels the need to do that! :D

I have OCD with lights so I would have checked they were off 25 times afterwards LMAO! (no really I get into bed and get back up because I think I have left the lounge lights on)

LMAO you'd be there all blummin day waiting for the to cool and then rechecking the switches.

I wish I could get my DF to remember to switch lights off, we're like Monmouth's answer to Blackpool at times he switches that many of the damn things on ;)

K xxx

Back