Branded vs Unbranded

nessy6976

How come if you get the unbranded version of a branded free food they seem to have syns? I went to tesco last week for muller lights and it was just under £4 for six yoghurts!! No way was I paying that, so I got the Aldi version yesterday in srrawberry only to discover they have 1 syn! How does that work?? Same goes for their mug shots too. Does anyone else just still count the unbrandeds as free or should I be counting. I refuse to pay a small fortune just for a brand! Thoughts please :)))) xxxx

The simple answer is that the unbranded foods must have different (synned) ingredients in them. Don't count them as syn free, because they aren't.

I've found the free foods guide invaluable for this reason

Chicken Cupshotz are free
Morrison have a cheaper version of muller that have free options
Aldi wheat biscuits lovely and hexb
Aldi version of alpen lights

There is a cheaper comparative for most everyday items I find plus keeping an eye on the offers thread helps loads :)

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Quite often, in order to make something cheaper, they use cheaper ingredients to bulk things out. Compare the ingredients listings. You might find more sugar, or some kind of starchy filler.

Often the fat free yoghurts have sugar in them which is why they're synned

And sometimes what looks like an identical brand, sold in a cheaper shop (such as Home Bargains) is not the same thing - they are made cheaper so they can be sold cheaper. There have been discussions about this in the past - I think that it was about Mugshots - the versions in cheaper shops had syns.

You have to read the labels - there is no way round it!

Back