Bread Alternatives

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Cosmic Star, 5 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Cosmic Star

Cosmic Star Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Do ryvita crackers really make a good alternative taste wise as well as point wise?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have been having a large slice of dark rye bread (4pps - cut in half to make two small slices) to make a ham and philadephia sandwich to have for breakfast to take into work. I know it is still bread but I find it a lot more filling (you have to give it a good old chew) and I don't feel I need another slice afterwards - it's not so "moreish". It is also good for an open sandwich for lunch at the weekend.

4. susicab

susicab Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.11%)
    Diet:
    Scottish Slimmers
    I dont use Ryvita, Aldi do Savorbake Rye Crispbreads (and Sesame ones, but i dont like them), not sure if they are slightly smaller than Ryvita but 2 crispbreads is working out to 1pp, great for the crackers and cheese cravings, lol! I had 8 crispbreads and 2 low fat cheese slices for 6pp last night and i was quite full at the end of it.

5. Veggie Dieter

Veggie Dieter Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.45%)
    Diet:
    SW green only
    Melba toast are also good, I put humous on and sliced cucumber.

6. ChubLock

ChubLock Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.44%)
    Diet:
    SW/5:2
    Ryvita Thins are nice - 1 ProPoint each - although they're not really a bread alternative, more a cracker.

7. tribecamegan

tribecamegan Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(20.43%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi there,

I used to make my own bread using soya flour so it was quite low on carbs and high in protein (I was on atkins!!) And given the way propoints are worked out that might be lower than conventional wheat based bread. If you want I will root out the recipe:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.