Bread Alternatives

Cosmic Star

Do ryvita crackers really make a good alternative taste wise as well as point wise?

I have been having a large slice of dark rye bread (4pps - cut in half to make two small slices) to make a ham and philadephia sandwich to have for breakfast to take into work. I know it is still bread but I find it a lot more filling (you have to give it a good old chew) and I don't feel I need another slice afterwards - it's not so "moreish". It is also good for an open sandwich for lunch at the weekend.

I dont use Ryvita, Aldi do Savorbake Rye Crispbreads (and Sesame ones, but i dont like them), not sure if they are slightly smaller than Ryvita but 2 crispbreads is working out to 1pp, great for the crackers and cheese cravings, lol! I had 8 crispbreads and 2 low fat cheese slices for 6pp last night and i was quite full at the end of it.

Melba toast are also good, I put humous on and sliced cucumber.

Hi there,

I used to make my own bread using soya flour so it was quite low on carbs and high in protein (I was on atkins!!) And given the way propoints are worked out that might be lower than conventional wheat based bread. If you want I will root out the recipe:)

Back