Bread in oven?

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by WantToBeLittleLou, 27 August 2011 Social URL.

1. WantToBeLittleLou

WantToBeLittleLou Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Anyone got a recipe for Dukan bread you can make in oven.

I seen the one in recipe section for microwave bread but dont fancy that as I'd like a proper crust to it and the other one is for a breadmaker?

Thanks all..

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. WantToBeLittleLou

WantToBeLittleLou Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Anyone? I'm not been lazy, I have looked through recipe thread and can't find a proper one.There is one but one of the posters on it a maintainer is saying to stay clear of it!

4. wheesht

wheesht Just keep swimming...

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(19.77%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I've had a look too and can't find an oven recipe and haven't made the bread yet so couldn't even advise how you could go about it!

Did a google search and found some oven recipes on other sites but wouldn't want to recommend them as they seem to include a lot of 'tolerated' items...

Will watch this thread with interest!

5. CHRISR

CHRISR Gold Member

Diet:
    Dukan
    I make the bread as per recipe on here then grill it on the George Foreman (dries it out) - not one of my favourites but have it once or twice a week for a change. Muffins defo my favourite. Bung it in the oven and see what happens. I want to buy a breadmaker when I can.

6. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I saw this recipe on a blogspot but I've never made it so I have no idea....but here it is anyway:

The recipe is an adaptation of the Dukan Diet Recipe Book. The following makes 2 portions oat bran-wise, but the photo above shows a bread with 4 portions. I made it in a disposable foil tray (the kind you use to save leftovers), lined with baking parchment (essential!) or buy a small non-stick loaf tin and lightly oil it with some kitchen paper.

2 eggs (or 3 egg whites)
    4 tbsp fromage frais 0% (or half fromage frais/yoghurt and half quark)
    2 tsp cornflour
    2 tsp dried yeast
    4 tbsp oat bran
    2 tbsp wheat bran
    optional: salt and 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
    Mix all the ingredients together and pour into the lined tray.

Preheat oven to 200C, and bake for 45-55 min (check doneness by inserting a skewer which should come out dry). Take out of the tin straight away and leave to cool on a rack. It keeps really well in the fridge in a plastic bag, and this also makes it easier to slice.

It's probably delicious freshly baked (actually, having tested since, it's not, it just smells as if), but I made it last night, so we had 2 slices each - toasted - this morning. Yummy: the taste of crusty and yeasty bread!

7. WantToBeLittleLou

WantToBeLittleLou Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Ah great will have to pop out to get some of ingrediants but will defo be making this tonight! YAY

8. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Literally the first thing that came on when I googled 'Dukan oven bread'....so not too hard to find ;) x Hope it turns out nice! Am making Dukan pizza, it's in the oven right now...can't wait!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.