Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Bread in oven?

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by WantToBeLittleLou, 27 August 2011 Social URL.

1. WantToBeLittleLou

WantToBeLittleLou Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Anyone got a recipe for Dukan bread you can make in oven.

I seen the one in recipe section for microwave bread but dont fancy that as I'd like a proper crust to it and the other one is for a breadmaker?

Thanks all..

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. WantToBeLittleLou

WantToBeLittleLou Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Anyone? I'm not been lazy, I have looked through recipe thread and can't find a proper one.There is one but one of the posters on it a maintainer is saying to stay clear of it!

4. wheesht

wheesht Just keep swimming...

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(19.77%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I've had a look too and can't find an oven recipe and haven't made the bread yet so couldn't even advise how you could go about it!

Did a google search and found some oven recipes on other sites but wouldn't want to recommend them as they seem to include a lot of 'tolerated' items...

Will watch this thread with interest!

5. CHRISR

CHRISR Gold Member

Diet:
    Low GI
    I make the bread as per recipe on here then grill it on the George Foreman (dries it out) - not one of my favourites but have it once or twice a week for a change. Muffins defo my favourite. Bung it in the oven and see what happens. I want to buy a breadmaker when I can.

6. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I saw this recipe on a blogspot but I've never made it so I have no idea....but here it is anyway:

The recipe is an adaptation of the Dukan Diet Recipe Book. The following makes 2 portions oat bran-wise, but the photo above shows a bread with 4 portions. I made it in a disposable foil tray (the kind you use to save leftovers), lined with baking parchment (essential!) or buy a small non-stick loaf tin and lightly oil it with some kitchen paper.

2 eggs (or 3 egg whites)
    4 tbsp fromage frais 0% (or half fromage frais/yoghurt and half quark)
    2 tsp cornflour
    2 tsp dried yeast
    4 tbsp oat bran
    2 tbsp wheat bran
    optional: salt and 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
    Mix all the ingredients together and pour into the lined tray.

Preheat oven to 200C, and bake for 45-55 min (check doneness by inserting a skewer which should come out dry). Take out of the tin straight away and leave to cool on a rack. It keeps really well in the fridge in a plastic bag, and this also makes it easier to slice.

It's probably delicious freshly baked (actually, having tested since, it's not, it just smells as if), but I made it last night, so we had 2 slices each - toasted - this morning. Yummy: the taste of crusty and yeasty bread!

7. WantToBeLittleLou

WantToBeLittleLou Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Ah great will have to pop out to get some of ingrediants but will defo be making this tonight! YAY

8. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Literally the first thing that came on when I googled 'Dukan oven bread'....so not too hard to find ;) x Hope it turns out nice! Am making Dukan pizza, it's in the oven right now...can't wait!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.