Bread (no butter) pudding - For as little as 91 cals!

thatlittlebit

1 slice of low cal bread, weight watchers, nimble etc - 50 cals
1 egg white - 17 cals
squirt vanilla extract - 6 cals
skimmed milk 50ml - 18 cals

tear bread up and layer in ramekin, mix egg white, vanilla and milk together, pour over top. let sit for a bit, cook in oven. no idea on time or temp beacuse i'm rubbish like that!

I also tend to put in add ins which up the calories but not necessarily massively
add-ins
  • packet of sweetner/sugar into the egg/milk mixture, just to sweeten it a bit
  • dried fruit layered into the bread about 25 cals worth (8gish) normally i put in craisins, my fav
  • low sugar jam - before you layer the bread spread it with jam - i have one which is about 20 cals for 1 tbsp
  • anything else! spices would be yummy i'm sure

Oh lordy........I can almost taste this already.........hot from the oven with a blob of low fat vanilla ice-cream.......

Cinnamon or nutmeg would work brilliantly with this and perhaps a few slices of apple?

I'm going to have this tonight with some no added sugar custard, looking forward to it!

I made it last night, here's the picture. I'll admit, I added an extra egg white and milk because I didn't think it looked like enough. Seeing as I'd never made it before I really should have just trusted the recipe, it would have been fine! Instead I had a very souffle looking bread pudding but I did use a normal piece of bread for it, which is why I thought I'd need more egg/milk.

406394_521360085906_285500096_555224_929137312_n.jpg

Back