Consolidation Bread query

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by louschu, 1 August 2011 Social URL.

1. louschu

louschu Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(20.73%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan - Stabilization
    I've been in conso for a few days now but have yet to reintroduce bread as I am scared I will gain weight. I've read in the book that we are allowed 2 slices of wholemeal a day but I've also read on here that we are allowed so many grams. I'm a bit confused to say the least, should I be weighing the bread?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Poppy03

Poppy03 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.43%)
    Diet:
    Dukan - Stab
    I asked the same question when I started conso. I was told it is actually 40-60grams total and my slice of bread weighed 45grams! Teeny tiny bread in France :) I did not tolerate the wholewheat bread, I couldn't before this diet and definately not now so I have eaten some white bread (but quality) and Ryvitas which have been really nice. I weighed those too.

4. dukandebut

dukandebut Goat herder(ess)

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    7st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(22.86%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I think the problem is that there are so many different sizes of loaves and thickness of slices, so it's far better to gauge the amount using weight. It just makes it a more accurate measure of the ration size.

I make small 350g wholemeal loaves in my breadmaker and find that I can get 2 fairly thin slices for that weight.

Hope that helps.

5. louschu

louschu Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(20.73%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan - Stabilization
    so do I go for 40g or 60?

6. dukandebut

dukandebut Goat herder(ess)

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    7st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(22.86%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I'd say that those are guide weights. Obviously, slices of bread are not going to weigh exactly the same, but try and stay within those limits.

If you're worried about overdoing things, aim for the lower limit, perhaps.

7. anjuschka

anjuschka Dukan Ancestor!!

Start Weight:
    76kg
    Current Weight:
    66.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    64kg
    Lost(%):
    9.7kg(12.77%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan (Stabilized)
    Yes agree - I started with 40-60gr, weighed all my slices, then after a while (more losses) got more confident and stuck to 60gr and diversified into pittas, wraps, and found that *those* (wholemeal in all cases) also weighed 60gr (not bagels!!). Hooray for added interest. And Sainsbury mini snack rolls...
    So my rule is now '1 bread item' or 1 thin-medium slice home made bread is one daily portion. After a while you get a feel for it and can stop weighing.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.