Bread question for calorie counters

Which bread are you all eating? At the moment I am eating Tesco medium slice wholemeal, as that's what the rest of the family eat. But it's 80-odd calories a slice - should I get a 'lighter' kind of bread? I'm not planning to eat more of it, just that if I have a sandwich at lunchtime, quite a lot of calories are taken up with two slices of bread!

Thanks.

I'm eating Morrisons medium stone-ground wholemeal & it works out at 142cls for 2 slices. If you buy 'lighter' bread you're paying more money for extra air. I feel that with two slices of wholemeal I'm more satisfied. I can vary the fillings to make a lower or higher calorie sandwich.

I like the warby's sandwich thins? 100 cals for a top an bottom and I can't fit as much cheese on so it's generally a far better butty ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I don't eat that much bread usually just at brekkie but I go for the highest fibre ones I can find and usually granary/seeded. I don't mind using more calories on bread if it fills me up.

Have you thought of getting 400g loaves for your sandwiches?

i dont eat bread anymore really- its not good on my body for some reason, but i do sometimes have a wholemeal pitta, its the same cals as some slices of bread. or wraps, i dont have wraps generally but i know lots of ppl do :) xxx

i normally have two slices of warburtons seeded batch (think thats what its called) which is 137 calories. is that bad?

i was only eating 800 calories a day and didn't realise (see my thread i posted) now i have upped it to 1500 so this bread has added a few but is it ok to eat or should i pick something else?

See, I love that seeded and granary bread (bread with bits in, my boys call it :D) but it is pretty calorific.

I'm new to CC, and seem to be really, really hungry, despite eating all my calories :sigh:. In some weird way I wondered if I had lower calorie bread, I could eat more protein to fill myself up.

I eat ww thick wholemeal if I want toast or something that resembles bread, but I also use wraps and warburtons thins for sarnies. :)

Back