• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Bread question for calorie counters

S: 10st10lb C: 10st1lb G: 9st8lb BMI: 24.2 Loss: 0st9lb(6%)
Which bread are you all eating? At the moment I am eating Tesco medium slice wholemeal, as that's what the rest of the family eat. But it's 80-odd calories a slice - should I get a 'lighter' kind of bread? I'm not planning to eat more of it, just that if I have a sandwich at lunchtime, quite a lot of calories are taken up with two slices of bread!

Thanks.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Wrinkly

Recovering chocoholic.
C: 11st13lb
I'm eating Morrisons medium stone-ground wholemeal & it works out at 142cls for 2 slices. If you buy 'lighter' bread you're paying more money for extra air. I feel that with two slices of wholemeal I'm more satisfied. I can vary the fillings to make a lower or higher calorie sandwich.

Legomom

Gold Member
S: 17st5lb C: 14st12lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 29.8 Loss: 2st7lb(14.4%)
I like the warby's sandwich thins? 100 cals for a top an bottom and I can't fit as much cheese on so it's generally a far better butty ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

S: 11st7lb C: 11st3lb G: 10st5lb Loss: 0st4lb(2.48%)
I use WW bread, 50cal per slice. I'm not much of a bread eater though and normally have a slice with soup.

S: 362lb C: 292.8lb G: 170lb BMI: 47.3 Loss: 69.2lb(19.12%)
I don't eat that much bread usually just at brekkie but I go for the highest fibre ones I can find and usually granary/seeded. I don't mind using more calories on bread if it fills me up.

Have you thought of getting 400g loaves for your sandwiches?

S: 11st5.0lb C: 11st2.0lb BMI: 29.5 Loss: 0st3lb(1.89%)
i dont eat bread anymore really- its not good on my body for some reason, but i do sometimes have a wholemeal pitta, its the same cals as some slices of bread. or wraps, i dont have wraps generally but i know lots of ppl do :) xxx

novaX

S: 18st9lb C: 17st9lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 41.1 Loss: 1st0lb(5.36%)
I usually just eat Hovis wholemeal small loaf which is low in cals but filling!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i normally have two slices of warburtons seeded batch (think thats what its called) which is 137 calories. is that bad?

i was only eating 800 calories a day and didn't realise (see my thread i posted) now i have upped it to 1500 so this bread has added a few but is it ok to eat or should i pick something else?

S: 10st10lb C: 10st1lb G: 9st8lb BMI: 24.2 Loss: 0st9lb(6%)
See, I love that seeded and granary bread (bread with bits in, my boys call it :D) but it is pretty calorific.

I'm new to CC, and seem to be really, really hungry, despite eating all my calories :sigh:. In some weird way I wondered if I had lower calorie bread, I could eat more protein to fill myself up.

I eat ww thick wholemeal if I want toast or something that resembles bread, but I also use wraps and warburtons thins for sarnies. :)