Bread

Scotsmist

Life is not a Rehersal!
I just couldnt buy any bread for me tonight, but I know I need to have some on refeed....but, what is it I can have?

Is it wholemeal, wholewheat??? I did put in my menu soya and linseed, but the shop didnt have that, but is this ok??? I know seeds are good for you, but first week on refeed? Is it a bit much?

What did others have? What is best..I dont want nice, nice bread as this is my downfall and can be my slippery slope!

I have bought some lovely ham and will have a ham salad sarnie one day, so need bread!!

HELP PLEASE!!

Also, got some low fat creme fraise,,,couldnt find FF..is this ok??

I personally wouldn't use the creme freche, you can't get that fat free I don't think. It's the fromage frais that's fat free and lower in cals than natural yogurts & 0% greek yoghurt. But I'm sure someone will come along who used it and was fine ;)

As for bread - any wholegrain/wheat is fine. I would use 2 slices from a small loaf or one large one and the soya & linseed would be fine if you got it. xx

Lot's of 'fine's in here ... but that's fine ;) xx

I just got the warburtons small wholemeal loaf :) It is vital you have what the refeed says .... says she who cant bring herself to eat bread or the likes :sigh:

I've not got the weight watchers small wholemeal loaf in the freezer for when i feel i need bread.

ya i'd be afraid if i started i wouldnt be able to stop! so goin to stick with wraps for a while , trouble with deli bread is its catering so its really thick sliced, so will stick with wraps and a pitta maybe!
;)

I personally wouldn't use the creme freche, you can't get that fat free I don't think. It's the fromage frais that's fat free and lower in cals than natural yogurts & 0% greek yoghurt. But I'm sure someone will come along who used it and was fine ;)

As for bread - any wholegrain/wheat is fine. I would use 2 slices from a small loaf or one large one and the soya & linseed would be fine if you got it. xx

Lot's of 'fine's in here ... but that's fine ;) xx

Thanks Jan! I will go to Sainsbury at lunch time after my WI :) And see if I can get the Fat free FF....my hubby can have the creme fraise tonight with his prawns :)

Will look for bread too...thanks again!!
Youre a wee star!

I just got the warburtons small wholemeal loaf :) It is vital you have what the refeed says .... says she who cant bring herself to eat bread or the likes :sigh:

I've not got the weight watchers small wholemeal loaf in the freezer for when i feel i need bread.

Thanks Tanya, trying to stick to it like glue! Dont want to take a wrong turn..think I will have a look at the menus again today :)

Ta very much..yes, bread so lovely and moreish for me!

ya i'd be afraid if i started i wouldnt be able to stop! so goin to stick with wraps for a while , trouble with deli bread is its catering so its really thick sliced, so will stick with wraps and a pitta maybe!
;)

I looked at wraps but there was a great selection at Morrisons last night, so will have a good mooch round Sainsburys today! Although, might not be a good idea!!!

you can get wholemeal wraps scots :D x

Thanks everyone...I didnt go to the shops today, decided i would go tomorrow, so will have a look...

I see I can have bagels...saw it on the refeed sheet. Bought some nice smoked salmon, which I have never had in my life, but my hubby had it the other day and he said it was lovely...so, I thought I would give it a whirl...
Could I have this, on a bagel one day, after Day 3?

Yes you could (she said hesitantly) ... trouble is I couldn't find any wholemeal bagels - the only one that seemed remotely healthy were the food doctor ones but they were also very heavy and IMHO not worth the number of cals. I don't think you HAVE to have wholemeal (not sure but have a feeling though it states wholemeal bread it only says 'bagel' but may be wrong) but obviously it's better for you

As for wraps - I can only get wholemeal ones in sainsburys, teso & asda don't do them, not here anyway. They DO have some that say 'wholewheat' - don't be fooled, that just means it's wheat flour, not wholemeal. I use wraps a lot, I really like them.

Soooooo excited for you HEE HEE!!!!!!! xxx

Thanks Jan

There is a Sainsbury near where I work, so I am going to go there this afternoon and see what I can get...glad you mentioned about the wholemeal, wheat thing as I can never remember which one is better...

Much appreciated :) Will post and let you all know how I get on tonight...

Back