Cruise PV Bread

I haven't made any yet - DH addicted to oatbran pancakes! Any tips would be useful though wouldn't they!

If it wasn't for the recipes on here and elsewhere I'd still be eating those laughable gallettes - mine always looked like a Heston Blumenthal experiment gone wrong.

For the bread I just follow Anjuschka's recipe on the recipe thread. Mix all the ingredients and pour into a small rectangular tupperware container - the mixture is a about 3/4 inch deep in the one I use. Zap it in the microwave for a couple of minutes and it comes out looking like a block of squidgy sponge. Let it cool, then carefully cut it lengthways with a bread knife to make two very thin slices like French toast.

When it's toasted I swear you wouldn't know it's not real bread. Delicious for breakfast with a poached egg or turkey rashers and mushrooms. Oh no, I couldn't sleep, and now all this talk about food is making me hungry!

Mark

I have perfected the gallette, muffins not bad came out a bit burned well alot really (fan oven - will turn it down a bit next time) so its now bread tried one the other day but it was too eggy like a solid lump of omelette - yuk)
Its very strange but I dont miss anything except for my proper porridge for breakfast - the oatmeal one just doesnt do it for me besides it ends up all over the microwave - 'thinking' cook on the hob

I'm not missing the bread either but am having dreams about pizza.... thankfully I found a Dukan friendly pizza recipe that I will try for tomorrow nights dinner :D

Back