Step 1 Sole Source Break over xmas

LMS

Hi everyone. Having a real mental dilemma with myself. I have now been on SS for 8 weeks - lost 2 and a half stone in this time. I have been so motivated and never cheated not once and I'm just wondering what everyone will be doing over the festive period? Are people taking breaks from the diet?

I was going to have one night off... I'm moving house and was going to treat my helpers to a Chinese takeaway, having a little myself then back onto it tomorrow? What does everyone think?

Hiya

I think it's depends on how much self discipline you have! But personally I wouldn't have a break for one night as it would probs be opening of the 'flood gates' haha... I find it works for me to be all or nothing, so if I'm 100% on the diet It's just much easier. Good luck!:)

Hi
I am only on day 10 , but spoke to my cdc about xmas on my first meeting, i wanted to start before xmas as i had hit that 'now or never ' moment and wanted to start whilst i was positive and 'in the zone' , i am not bothered about the chocolates and other bits i would usually stuff my face with over xmas however i really want a nice xmas dinner with my children, so i am having turkey and lot's of veg but no stuffing and roast potatoes then i plan to get back on the plan on boxing day, xmas morning i'll be having my porridge as normal... it is a risk, i don't know if this will make me gorge on more food once i have started but i will try my hardest not to allow one meal ruin my hard work, i think if you feel you can mentally do it, and get back on the plan straight away , then by all means allow yourself that treat, but if you are really unsure then perhaps resist and stay on plan.... everyone is different and we all have our strengths and weaknesses... i am resisting xmas pud and cream for the fist time ever... i am a little scared lol

Good Luck and enjoy your xmas :)

Hi,

My consultant said if I'm gonna have a day off I might aswell have two off, so I'm having Xmas and boxing day off. But won't have carbs or chocolates.

It's Christmas we all need a good Xmas dinner!

I'm having xmas eve, xmas day boxing day, new yrs eve and new yrs day off, 5 whole days, but its xmas! And I think anuary is always a good time to start a diet, or in my case re-start, I ust dont want to miss out on all the festivities!xx

Back