Breakfast Idea (Swiss Bircher)

StaceyUK

Gold Member
My friend gave me this idea in class this week. Tried it this morning and my 2 yr old and I both loved it!

The night before:

Pour a HEX B of oats (I just used a sachet of oats so simple) into a bowl. Pour a little milk over from your allowance just to moisten it and leave in the fridge overnight.

The next day add some fruits of your choice (I used strawbs, blueberries, grated apple) and mix in a little low fat vanilla yogurt (I used 1 pot of Activia fat free vanilla between 2 bowls) and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

Very nice!

ooh sounds yummy, may have to try that for brekki tomorrow :) x

Oooh, I shall try this, thank you Stacey.

I will try this tomorrow for me and my 2yr old. Ooh actually I have WI tomorrow morning, don't think it will be that wise... will do it for Sunday. Thanks Stacey x

If you use ordinary porridge oats and put water on them the night before and leave them over night, they go lovely and creamy and you honestly wouldn't miss the milk (can be used for something else as HEA). Apparently oats and muesli should be left over night in any case as its easier for the digestive system to cope with. Sounds a realy nice recipe though. xx

Only problem with my breakfast was that I was hungry not too long later so maybe a bit of protein with it wouldn't go amiss...a scrambled or boiled egg or something afterwards.

Back