Breakfast Ideas Please

thedizzyredhead

Hello
Please can you lovely people share with me some easy & quick breakfast ideas?

Its the meal I struggle with the most. On days i'm working & have kids & school runs to contend with I often don't have time to make something healthy so skip eating til lunch.

The usual fall back is Alpen Light Bars & loads of cups of tea to fill me up.

Any ideas of things you have tried would be gratefully received.

Thanks x

I find an apple and banana fills me up more than cereal bars :)

I want to start making savoury protein based muffin/omlette cupcake things. I am planning on mixing eggs with a bit of cottage cheese, bit of oatbran and teeny bit of feta/grated cheddar with finely diced red pepper and spring onion and grated courgette, all mixed up and put into silicone cupcake cases and baked. I haven't actually tried this yet but thats the plan!

If they are successful I will try a sweet version using oatbran, eggs, blueberries and scoop of protein powder and maybe grated apple or some banana baked in.

I have no idea if these will actually work but feel like they are super healthy and hopefully filling and pretty low cal :)

OH and also want to try overnight oats, you get a jar/tupperware and stir in oats with 0% greek yog (high protein) with some fruit/nuts etc and maybe a squeeze of honey and then leave in the fridge over night where it all mingles and the oats soften.

i love scrambled eggs i do them without milk and i have them with 2 crumpets i also love 1/2 tin beans with 2 crumpets and my last one 2 crumpets low fat greek yoghurt and berries oh lovely

Back