Breakfast ideas

Allgold78

:eatdrink051:
Hello, could you give me some ideas of different breakfasts I could try please, especially on a green day? I don't have a huge amount of time with the kids, the dog and the oh to deal with so something nice and quick too would be good.

I've started making a big batch of rice pudding the night before and keeping it in a big tub in the fridge. It's lovely cold for brekkie with cinnamon or nutmeg and it'll last you for a few days x

Ooh that's a good idea. Do you have a recipe please and the syns value??

Hi everyone, sorry to jump on this thread but i really struggle with breakfasts. I have to get the train at 7am and eat on the train. Seriously stuck for ideas...

Argh, just realised i never posted u the recipe for rice pudding! Sorry bout that! This is just off the top of my head so forgive me if measurments are a bit off:

112g pudding rice
700ml water
200ml skimmed milk (used as HEA)
2tbsp sweetener

Put the milk and water in a pan and bring to the boil. Add the rice and sweetener the simmer until most of the liquid has disappeared. Add some cinnamon or nutmeg and stir

Sorry its late!! xx

I like swiss bircher. The night before, take a sachet of Oats so simple and put in a bowl (or container to eat on the run), add a little milk from your allowance just to wet it (not even to cover it completely) and leave in the fridge over night. Have an assorment of berries or fruit prepared (I like grated apple, rasp, strawbs, blueberries). Throw your fruit on it in the morning and some Activia fat free vanilla yogurt. Give it a mix, add a dash of cinnamon and there you go! Really tasty.

You could also add nuts/raisins/seeds for syns if you wanted and the nuts would add a little protein kick.

I like swiss bircher. The night before, take a sachet of Oats so simple and put in a bowl (or container to eat on the run), add a little milk from your allowance just to wet it (not even to cover it completely) and leave in the fridge over night. Have an assorment of berries or fruit prepared (I like grated apple, rasp, strawbs, blueberries). Throw your fruit on it in the morning and some Activia fat free vanilla yogurt. Give it a mix, add a dash of cinnamon and there you go! Really tasty.

You could also add nuts/raisins/seeds for syns if you wanted and the nuts would add a little protein kick.

that sounds lovely. The Activia vanilla yogurts are so creamy and delicious. So can u count Oatso Simple as a healthy extra then? And what flavour? Is it just the plain one? xx

How about chop up some fruit (2-3 pieces) and put it in a tupperware dish/ airtight container? Or put some frozen fruit in there and leave it in the fridge overnight? Then just add a yogurt on top when you're on the train and hey presto!

x

that sounds lovely. The Activia vanilla yogurts are so creamy and delicious. So can u count Oatso Simple as a healthy extra then? And what flavour? Is it just the plain one? xx
Yes, 1 sachet of original oats so simple is 1 hex b. the flavours are synned.

Not a green day - but I've just had smoked salmon with scrambled eggs and low fat cream cheese for my breakfast - sublime!!

One of my regular breakfasts is 2 or 3 pieces of fruit, natural LF yogurt blitzed in the blender. If taking it to 'eat' later I add some lemon juice to stop it disclouring, occasionally I use some milk to make a thick drink. I also blitz watermelon - seeds and fruit with ice for a gorgeous drink.

I love the swiss bircher. I often have it but use normal porridge oats, a grated apple & yogurt with a few frozen berries on top. The berries have defrosted by the morning.

I've also made it using Alpen instead of oats. It makes a tiny bit of Alpen go a longer way.

Something I've started doing, is cooking some quorn sausages and leaving them in the fridge. next morning I make an omelette with one or two ot the sausages chopped up into it. (For red days I use the Morrisons eat smart sausages)

Back