Breakfast Ideas??

2 Slices from a Kingsmill 800g THICK Wholemeal Loaf and either 2 Laughing Cow Light Triangles or 2 Slices of Quorn Turkey & Stuffing. Both work out at 6pp and because they contain carbs and protein I'm filled up right till lunch! X

I have just discovered Oat Burst Instant porridge snack .... 2PP. Brilliant!
Just add water and away you go!

Tried the Banana pancakes did not read the 4-5 small made 1 large ...OOPS....Not impossible to flip but very nearly. Today tried again but I added 1 tbsp white whole wheat flour ...3 ppv total...Even Hubby liked them..I like fresh banana but am not a lover of banana bread or muffins etc but these were pretty tasty and for 3 ppv what can I say. I also japped some frozen berries in microwave added stevia to sweeten and that was my syrup for 0ppv.....Thank you it was the favorite weekend Brekkie that had me try them ...Will have again for sure....

Hello, try this recipe: High protein yogurt oatcakes
Makes four servings of three pancakes (3-4”)

Calories – 136
Fat – 12 calories, 2g
Fiber – 1g
Protein – 11g
Carbs – 21g
Sugars – 9g

Ingredients:

1 cup instant, one-minute, old fashioned, or steel cut Quaker oats*
6 egg whites
1 cup fat-free Greek Style yogurt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1T agave nectar, honey, maple syrup or sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder

Directions:

Put all the ingredients in a blender and puree.
Coat a hot pancake griddle or frying pan with a little butter, oil or a non-stick spray.
Pour approximate 1/4 cup of batter to make a 3-4” pancake. Flip over once the batter starts to bubble.

My Sunday treat is going to be:

2 WW bacon medallions - 2
1 WW bagel - 4
Mushrooms done in frylight (2 squirts which i belive is 0)
1 Tbsp Tomato Sauce - 0

Hopefully its right about the frylight, will be a gorgeous treat breakfast. Could even add some scrambled egg on the side for a wee change.

My Sunday treat is going to be:

2 WW bacon medallions - 2
1 WW bagel - 4
Mushrooms done in frylight (2 squirts which i belive is 0)
1 Tbsp Tomato Sauce - 0

Hopefully its right about the frylight, will be a gorgeous treat breakfast. Could even add some scrambled egg on the side for a wee change.

That's right re Frylight, hope you enjoy it Sweetie, who says diets are boring! X

I do shift work and find it hard to make breakfast everyday so i rely on the Quaker Oat So Simple pots - i like the golden syrup one which is 6pp. When i am not working i do myself a veggie frittata type omelette using 0 pp veggies and only need to point the eggs - use low cal spray to moisten frying pan and finish off under a hot grill - sprinkle cheese on top for extra PP if you wish

I do shift work and find it hard to make breakfast everyday so i rely on the Quaker Oat So Simple pots - i like the golden syrup one which is 6pp. When i am not working i do myself a veggie frittata type omelette using 0 pp veggies and only need to point the eggs - use low cal spray to moisten frying pan and finish off under a hot grill - sprinkle cheese on top for extra PP if you wish

Mmmmmm I love the idea of the Frittata thingy for breakfast, how many eggs do you use?x

I usually use 2 medium eggs and a small frying pan

I shall definitely have to try that, got eggs tonight but I'm just going to scramble those. X

My favourite breakfast is just fruit and a coffee :) but also have you tried grating an apple into porridge? Really bulks it out and it's delicious! I like a nice green apple grated in with cinnamon and nutmeg :) x

oh yum like the sound of the grated apple. im gona try that at the weekend.
I make porridge and put it in the micr for 1min. i mash up a banana, a lil bit of splenda and mix it all together. Add it to the porridge and cook for a further 40-50secs. its devine

Mashed banana sounds good, think I'll try that next time I have porridge! There's a really nice recipe on the WW site for porridge with yogurt in, sounds weird but it's actually amazing! Make the porridge then top it with some yogurt, fruit and honey. Really yummy x

Omg jst tried the shredded apple thing in my porridge it's to die for. Thanks for the tip

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Omg jst tried the shredded apple thing in my porridge it's to die for. Thanks for the tip

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Do u reckon it would work with any other cereal? I can't eat porridge cos of my ibs x

Back