breakfast ideas

oh2beasize10

hi there

i m getting sooo bored of porrige or weetabix for breakfast and also of using my hex's so soon in the day, esp if its ex esy. has any 1 got any different brekfast ideas?

Eggs! if you're on a red day chop a rasher of bacon and cook it (no need to add anything), then crack a couple of eggs in and some black pepper and scramble them. or on a green day add some veg (peppers, mushrooms etc), or if you're really organised you could make fritata or an omelette? Fills you up but not too heavy first thing.

If you don't want to use up your HEX's and haven't time to cook a breakfast, try mixed berries or chopped fruit in 0% greek yoghurt. I add a bit of honey and count the syns too, but you can add some sweetener if you don't want to point it

I like to have a yoghurt with banana chopped into it or some scan bran with quark and rasperries on - 3 of them are only 1.5 syns.

I'm with you on using a HE early in the day!!!

Fruit with muller light.
But my fave is omlette with beans or just a huge omlette with whatever I can find to put in it!

Bacon omelette is a firm favourite, poached eggs on toast another.
On a green day, I have quorn sausages, baked beans, fried mushrooms, tinned new potatoes fried and an egg...and all syn free!!!

All excellent ideas! :D

If you're short on time in the mornings, don't be afraid to cook omlette the night before and eat it cold over the next few mornings (Spanish style!) - it's just as yummy that way!

I love poached eggs on toast - simple but hot and filling :)

Back