Breakfast recipe - Eggciting Cups

Hayleyj123

Wannabe Loser
I found this recipe off a Sainsburys eat for a fiver recipe card and incorporated it to slimming world. Not that it needed much changing.

Ingredients

57g wholemeal bread or more if using 2 HEXb
2 eggs
Tomatoes
Butter (optional and syn accordingly)

Take the slices of wholemeal bread, cut the crusts off and flatten with a rolling pin.

If you choose to, lightly butter the bread and press the peices into muffins trays. I like to make enough for 2.

Inside each, crack in an egg, then place sliced tomato on and cracked black pepper.

Put them in the oven at 180 or a fan oven for 170 (gas mark 4) for 20mins until the egg whites are set.

These are mmmmmmm

I supposed you could also add bacon for an extra.

Without bacon, this is free on red, green and EE plans. Only the butter to syn if you choose to use.

I tried them this morning and they were really nice.
Did realise that they are best cooked on middle shelf because the edges of my bread started to burn. Also, maybe a little butter to coat the muffin cases because my bread was stuck when I tried to remove them. Need to keep trying them to get my egg perfect because I like my yolk runny (as shown on the recipe pic in my book) and it wasn't like that.

I'm not the worlds best cook haha

I suppose you could coat the outside of the cases with frylight instead and it would be free and taste more like fried bread? You could make mini breakfast ones to suit each day...thank you for the idead Hun!!!!

xxxx

If you want to see what they look like, type in Eggciting cups Sainsburys meals for a fiver! Hope you like them :) x

Cooked these for brekkie today, they were lovely, didnt have a bun tin, didnt have big tomatoes but made a few changes and they really were scrummy. Used a smal square glass ovenproof dish, sprayed with frylight , used both slices of bread in the dish , added eggs together, covered with cherry tomatoes cut in half. many thanks for sharing this great recipe, will cook them again.

I have a recipe which is similar. You get some ramkin dishes, layer the bottom and sides with ham. Crack in an egg and then top with some grated cheese and bake in the oven till the cheese is golden and melted. Yummy

I couldn't find them on the site either, they used to be there. I got the recipe off an old sainsburys recipe card and typed it up here. I have the card about somewhere and when i find it, I will scan it in :) x

oo breakfast sorted for saturday morning my husband likes a grill (fry) up but i like green days as i find they fill me up more wonder what they would be like with some beans in to mmmmmm i have a large muffin tin

Back