Breakfast

Eddie

Hi, newbie here, trying LC/Atkins this week.

Few Qs... please
Any suggestions for breakfast other than eggs, bacon etc (am not veggie)?
Is balsamic vinegar a no-no?
Are diet fizzy drinks out?
Think thats it for now..

Thanks, Nicola

God nos im starting the atkins as of tomorrow and trying to find some nice low carb breakfasts as well!

tnx ladies

Sun, can you help me love?
Ive been told the sero bars make people stall... how did/do you manage?

there is a fab recipe for mini quiche muffins which you can make in advance and grab for brekkie without the cooking slavery.

6 beaten eggs
2tbs cream
3 oz cheese
2 bacon rashers
mushrooms
peppers

mix eggs and cream together.
fry bacon and veggies together (add other free veggies or take away veggies if you dont like them)
pour the mixture in a greased muffin tray
sprinkle with cheese

cook in oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
turn out and cool

freeze beautifully.
for an extra treat, have a bit of philly with them.

YUM

hi chunka,

they've never made me stall plateau yet!, I would suggest if you decide to buy some then go for the berry/white choc or peanut caramel first, they do also chocolate and chocolate orange they are lush and rich and still only 2 net grms per bar, the ones I mentioned are only 1.5 net grms,

good luck on your start

sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

got some atkins breakfast bars - think choc chip in Boots today, had 1 for brekkie this morning. Good, but a bit pricey...
Thanks for the recipe, good one for the weekend, as we are away at rally, so will take for packed lunch..
Nxx

the sero bars are only 50p from some online stores and they are lisush

You don't need to spend loads of money on cereal bars. I used to have smoked peppered mackarel, either on it's own or with scrambled egg, and i really enjoyed it.

You can buy it from most supermarkets, and it's usually vaccum packed.

It makes a nice change to bacon which can geta bit repetitive and boring.

You cant really have fizzy drinks but if they are sugar free, and you cant do without them then go for the sugar free options, as it's the sugar that adds carbs.

xx

Hi,
I used to buy small packets of 'cereal' from ASDA. They looked a bit like Crunchy Nut Cornflakes. They were stacked alongside their other weightloss products.
It was some time ago - not sure if they still sell them. I didn't only use them for breakfast - they were great if you were craving something really sweet.

Back