Breastfeeding and Slimming World

Well done Cheeky! I gained almost 2st throughout my pregnancy and lost just about all of it 2 weeks after I had her. In fact I was 1lb under my weight when I got pregnant! Shame really, as I went and spoiled it all by eating like a mad woman!

Honeyoc said:
Well done Cheeky! I gained almost 2st throughout my pregnancy and lost just about all of it 2 weeks after I had her. In fact I was 1lb under my weight when I got pregnant! Shame really, as I went and spoiled it all by eating like a mad woman!

Thank you. I'm starting so early cos know I'm not disciplined enough to not go mad and find I start gaining. If I jump straight onto SW whilst I'm losing I'm likely to keep going, otherwise I'll just gain lol

Last edited:
It is soooo lovely to see this thread!!!!!

I've been on slimming world for 5 months now and I've lost 3 stone. My bubba is 8 months old and hitting all her targets and above average for weight so my diet has not caused her any bother and she is such a booby baby!

I am conscious of my calcium intake so I buy plenty of yogurts/cottage cheese/fromage frais etc.

Oh and I'm vegetarian too just to throw that into the mix. ;P

I let myself go with the whole multiple pregnancies and 'can't diet because I'm breastfeeding' excuse. Now I know I can do it........whoops lol!

Look forward to chatting. Munching on some melon while watching dh devour a cheese toastie sarnie (white bread)......men eh lol!

OMG Ilovecake you lost 3st in 5 months?!! This is encouraging news! Did you have all your HEs and syns? I'm so glad to hear your milk supply has been unaffected by SW. Even though I haven't had any problems, I still get a slight niggle sometimes lol. So it's nice to hear about someone else in the same position as me with a thriving baby! Love your username by the way lol

I started when she was 15 weeks old and I started off with 15 syns and 3-4 he a's and b's. Now she's weaning and has 3 meals a day +water + breastmilk I only tend to have 2 a's and b's. I do green days every day and she still feeds from me on demand when she wants to. In many ways I'm eating far more healthily than I ever did before. She's happy and healthy so all is well.

I have a naughty monday after weigh in.....so on a monday night I have a meal of my choice......usually a full fat sweet potato, roasted red pepper and spinach lasagne, chunky chips and salad followed by a pastry mocha chocolate torte. Every week and I still lose weight.

But today I've only had 7 syns, so I guess I'm flexi syning in a way. I don't feel as if I'm going without and these habits are sticking, I feel as if I've changed the way I think and feel about food. I have a long journey, I'd like to lose another 4-5 stone (4 kids later sigh). But I'm here and I'm doing it and it is changing my life, last week I was playing in the garden with my boys and I was rolling around on the floor.....5 months ago I just wouldn't have done that.......for a start I wouldn't have been able to get back up lol.

Good luck on your journey.

Thanks so much for sharing, so when you were exclusively breastfeeding were you only having 4 HEs? I'm having 6 per instructions from SW. Were you having less than the recommended?

I was having 3/4 a's and 3/4 b's a day. That's what my consultant advised but she did seem vague. Was that wrong? Was I done out of extra bread ;-0.

I was having 3/4 a's and 3/4 b's a day. That's what my consultant advised but she did seem vague. Was that wrong? Was I done out of extra bread ;-0.

No that sounds about rught actually, I thought you meant you had 3/4 HEs in total!

Well Ladies, I was doing really well at the beginning of the week but I've completely lost my appetite for the past two days. I really can't face meals or food, I don't want to eat and I'm eating high syn foods just so I'm eating something.

Have either of you gone through losing your appetite?at the moment food just turns my stomach, yet earlier this week I was fine????

You may be coming down with something. Hopefully not though. Xxxxx could you do some comfort food?

Sw comfort food of course. Sw potato dauphinoise is real comfort food, let me know if you want the recipe. Xxx

Cheeky, I was the same for the first couple of weeks. I think it was just from exhaustion and general recovery from the birth. After that my appetite came back with a VENGANCE!

Ilovecake, can I have the dauphinoise recipe?

Free on green and extra easy.
Ingredients to serve 4.
4 large potatoes peeled and very thinly sliced
1 large onion finely chopped
28g cheese or 56g lowlow grated chedder (helthy extra a)
1/2 tub quark,
1L stock (vege oxo cube in 1L boiling water)
dried mixed herbs
salt
black pepper
1tsp lazy garlic or 2 crushed cloves of garlic
Frylight the bottom of a large oven proof dish. Layer some sliced potatoes, cover with the onions, layer another layer of potatoes.
Make the liquid.....to the vegetable stock add the quark, garlic, salt, pepper and herbs, stir well and pour over the potato/onion layers.
Place in a preheated oven at 210oC for 45 mins, then sprinkle on the cheese and bake for another 10 mins until golden brown.
This is a lovely creamy fat free potato dish, real comfort food and easy to prepare.

Thanks a bunch! Does the quark curdle when cooked? Also does the finished dish have a tart taste?

No it doesn't curdle, it gives a lovely creamy sauce (I wondered too but had the faith and it works). I suppose it is like a potato tart, creamy, cheesy and very morish. The whole family loves it, it's amazing how it's fat free yet it tastes sooooo naughty. Well worth a go but keep the sliced potato thin and finely chop the onion so it cooks.

I make mine is a long shallow lasagne type pyrex dish so the layers are no deeper than 2.5" but I'm cooking for a family of 6 lol.

Yum! Thanks, will try it this weekend I think!

We tend to have it with quorn sausages and brocolli, I hope you like it (the sauce should just cover the potato layers when you pop it in the oven. x

Hi am I ok to join you all. My daughter is nearly 9 months and am breastfeeding. I did try and get her on formula at the weekend as she is very greedy but 48hrs and only 5oz of formula later it was clear she wasn't ready. I have been doing sw since Jan and have lost 3st 2.5lbs. Am really enjoying it an it has had no affect on my daughter at all. She is a big girl with her mums love of food.

Back