Breastfeeding and Slimming World

Good afternoon all.
As my signiture says I joined here to help my hubby as I was bypassed and got to goal. I gave birth to my daughter on valentines day so she is 18 weeks old today. She is exclusivly breastfed, and I have gained 2 stone since becoming pregnant, half a stone hilst breastfeeding?! Anyway, I have decided I need help to get back on track so I have decided to join in SW with hubby as of yesterday.
Is there anything I should be doing differently to hubby? and hello!
Sal x

mary24 said:
Hi am I ok to join you all. My daughter is nearly 9 months and am breastfeeding. I did try and get her on formula at the weekend as she is very greedy but 48hrs and only 5oz of formula later it was clear she wasn't ready. I have been doing sw since Jan and have lost 3st 2.5lbs. Am really enjoying it an it has had no affect on my daughter at all. She is a big girl with her mums love of food.

Wow well done on your amazing loss! Do you still have a lot to lose? It's so great to hear about these big losses in a relatively short time! Did you eat all your healthy extras? Did you do mainly red, green or extra easy? Sorry about the million questions, well done again on your weight loss!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

salski said:
Good afternoon all.
As my signiture says I joined here to help my hubby as I was bypassed and got to goal. I gave birth to my daughter on valentines day so she is 18 weeks old today. She is exclusivly breastfed, and I have gained 2 stone since becoming pregnant, half a stone hilst breastfeeding?! Anyway, I have decided I need help to get back on track so I have decided to join in SW with hubby as of yesterday.
Is there anything I should be doing differently to hubby? and hello!
Sal x

Hi Sal! I'm in the same boat as you, gained weight after pregnancy! How does that work??? My daughter was born just 4 days after yours, on the 18th :) how sweet that your baby was born on valentines day, a day of love! Because you're exclusively breastfeeding you get an extra four healthy extras in addition to your usual healthy extras, so that's 6 healthy extras in total on an extra easy day or 7 healthy extras on a red or green day. It could be any combination of As and Bs but SW recommends that you have at least 2 healthy A choices.

Aww thanks Honey! What great news that is lol. I am struggling with just milk in my brews so its great news I can have a few bits more! I dont know how on earth I put weight on...maybe its the bars of chocolate ;) hehehe
Sal x

mary24 said:
Hi am I ok to join you all. My daughter is nearly 9 months and am breastfeeding. I did try and get her on formula at the weekend as she is very greedy but 48hrs and only 5oz of formula later it was clear she wasn't ready. I have been doing sw since Jan and have lost 3st 2.5lbs. Am really enjoying it an it has had no affect on my daughter at all. She is a big girl with her mums love of food.

Congrats on your loss, same here 3stone2lb. Since mid jan.

Sal welcome. x

Sal welcome. xl

LOL! I was literally eating EVERYTHING! I usually have 2 As and 4 Bs, so I have milk and cheese for my A choices and then usually 2 portions porridge, alpen lights and olive oil for my B choices. It's been great enjoying all of them! Lost 5lbs in my first week and I weigh again on Friday. Fingers crossed I'll have a decent loss!

OOOh the Alpen bars, are they good then. Im looking through and will have he cheese and milk, and now noseying at the B's...ryvitas are by far my fave, I could sit and eat them from the pack! Haha
Oooh its all exciting on week one isnt it?!
As for you weight loss, well done! Thats fantastic news! I am still under the hospital for my weigh ins so Im not going to SW classes. Hubby is though x

Honeyoc said:
Wow well done on your amazing loss! Do you still have a lot to lose? It's so great to hear about these big losses in a relatively short time! Did you eat all your healthy extras? Did you do mainly red, green or extra easy? Sorry about the million questions, well done again on your weight loss!

Thank you very much. I am not sure how much I have left to loose as I haven't been this weight since I was a teenager so just taking it as it comes although I did originally say 9st which would leave me just under 3st left. I have only done ee and use all my hexs I couldn't cope without my alpens and milk :)

Thank you very much. I am not sure how much I have left to loose as I haven't been this weight since I was a teenager so just taking it as it comes although I did originally say 9st which would leave me just under 3st left. I have only done ee and use all my hexs I couldn't cope without my alpens and milk :)

Oooh that's so good to know! Sometimes I feel like I'm eating so much, still need to get my head around how generous SW is when you're breastfeeding! With your track record I'm sure you'll get to target in no time! I'm 12st 7lbs or so now and my target is 9st 7lbs so we have roughly the same amount to lose :)

Welcome Sal and Mary.

I've had my second weigh in and I've lost a further 2lbs. I haven't got a clue how as I've not followed SW properly. My eating has been up and down.

I'm gonna try and start SW again, just finding it hard to cope without bread. Sandwichs are so easier to have than planning a proper meal. The thing is I then start on eating choc, biscuits and crisps as I'm off the plan.

Need to get focused otherwise I know I'm gonna spoil all my hard work during my pregnancy of keeping my weight down.

Just need a kick up the backside lol

Hi Cheeky - nd well done either way for your loss! Its coming off in the right direction. I agree with you about the sarnies...so easy to grab inbetween nappies, feeds, appointments etc!
I have been on the plan since Sunday and tries to eat better from Thursday onwards and I was weighed at the hospital and lost 3lbs since last week. Im happy that its finally coming off and not going on!
Also loving the Alpen bars! And the HEX's!
How is everyone else getting on? x

Cheeky, well done on your 2lb loss, that's fab! I eat a fair bit of bread. WW malted danish is 3 slices for 1 heb, as long as I add food to it (ie mushrooms beans etc) then I feel like it's loads of bread. I could have 6 slices a day (I think....but that quantity has worked for me) as 2 heb's.

I need to be good the next few days. Why do the weeks pass so quickly, weigh in always seems to come around so quickly, 3 days to go lol.xxx

Well done on your losses cheeky & salski! I weigh in again tomorrow so we'll see. I've been 100% on plan though!

I think I've settled into an eating schedule that works for me. Wake at 7, have a piece of fruit, breakfast at 9, snack at 12, lunch at 2, snack at 5, dinner at 7, put baby to bed and then something sweet with a tea at the end of the day, around 9/10. Snackss are usually finn crispbreads with cottage cheese or pogen krisprolls with laughing cow & jam, alpen lights, greek yogurt with honey or sometimes cheese & fruit. To make sure I get all my superfree I have 3 types of fruit with breakfast, salad with lunch and cooked veg with dinner.

I use 1/2B for olive oil in dinner and then I have an alpen light as my something sweet for the other half B choice. I know it seems regimented but everything seems that way now with my baby lol. Its the only way I can accomplish anything, gotta be organised!

Last edited:
Back