Breastfeeding and Slimming World

Good morning all
Have just been out to a breast feeding event at a local park/. Lots of info and slings and childrens activities for free.
Going to make the SW quiche soon but forgot to but bloody cottage cheese so will be sending hubby out in a min for some.
Whats everyone else up to this weekend? x

Hi guys
Well done on the fab weight losses.
At the WI after I had Adam I managed to lose 1stone 5lb's - which is great - however I think that this first week has just added more weight on as it's been a pretty bad week.
We're having trouble with feeding - which hopefully is coming to an end now - so I've been literally grabbing whatever is at hand - which is usually not healthy!
Am hoping we can get the feeding sorted and then we can move on to getting my SW sorted - am hoping to start sticking to plan on Tuesday after WI - hoping I can get to the shops before then to get stocked up!

Anyway Adam is calling catch you when I can.

Rosie, your 19lb baby loss made me smile. Be kind to yourself while he's so little. Have loads of heb's and a's.

Salski, I'm yet to try the sw quiche, it's on my to do list, sounds yummy!

Mary, well done on your loss.

Weigh in looms for me, I'm drinking loads today. I hate that pre weigh in nervous feeling!

Ilovecake how did weigh in go? Hubby, baby and I are in jersey on a weeks break and so far so good! Been making good choices and staying on track. We get back home on Sunday night so I'll be anxious to weigh in on Monday to see how I've done!

Salski what was the breastfeeding event like? I never hear about things like that lol.

Last edited:
Honey, enjoy Jersey! You sound so focused! I lost 1lb. I'm really pleased with that 1lb, I had 'an incident' on wednesday but I was good the rest of the week. As long as the trend is downwards then that's a mini victory.

How's everyone else doing?

Hi All,

Ive got my weigh in but have a horrible feeling that I've gained. I've not been on the plan properly sobit will be my own fault. Gonna try and get back on track from tomorrow.

How are your little ones coping with the heat? My Dizzy Izzy is really struggling. She is ok when I get her off to sleep but if she's awake she is restless, crying and wants to be held the whole time then fusses when cuddled.

I love the sun but its so hard when you've got a little one.

Hi guys

How are you all managing to stick to SW while juggling a baby. It's just not happening for me - I have no will power and end up starving - so I grab the handiest thing to eat with one hand! Which is usually not SW friendly in the slightest. I had a 1.5lb gain this week - was actually shocked that it wasn't more to be honest.
Chocolate is my friend at the moment just to keep me going through the day as am finding the tiredness hard at the moment.

Had the Health Visitor yesterday - she thinks Adam has reflux - so we went off to the Dr today and he's given us infant gaviscon to try out - will have to wait and see how it's working - although it does seem to be helping a bit at least!

Cheeky - has izzy worked out her nights and days yet?

What is everyone's easiest and quickest thing to make? Just looking for ideas to try and get me back on plan!

Hi Rosie,

Izzy is still mixed up lol plus she's had a cold so all she wants to do is be cuddled so I'm virtually sleeping with her in bed with 2hr feeds.

How is Adam with his reflux?

As for diet I can totally emphasise with you. In the first two weeks I lost but this week I've been completely off plan and gained 2lb. It's not a massive biggy this time but if I don't get a grip I'll start gaining the baby weight I lost.

I've started today and so far so good. All I can suggest is try and get plenty of fruit in the house and fat free yogurts. So if you're in the situation of just grabbing something you can start with them first. I'm also trying to keep my HE to Lunch and Dinner, so grabbing a sandwich for lunch isn't too much of an issue. I'm also trying to make easy meals so I'm not cooking too long. The last thing I'm trying to do is keep chocolate/crisps/ cakes to the evening.

Now I've just got to follow my post haha x

Rosie, I don't know how you are managing. I didn';t start dietiong until my baby was 16 weeks old. No way could I have managed it sooner, I needed sugar to stay awake. You need carbs, up your hea/b's and drop the naughty snacks. Good luck hun.

Rushing off to eat I'm famished!

Thanks guys

Cheeky - hope izzy's cold clears up soon and she works out the nights and days for you as well.

Went shopping today and didn't buy any chocolate (much to DH annoyance!) did buy biscuits but so long as they are kept out of my way I don't tend to eat them. Got WW yogs and fruit as well - so hoping I can snack on that. However this morning has just been a nightmare with Adam basically wanting to feed on me all the time again. Managed to get to the shops by 11.30, once we were sorted.
Afternoon feeds have been better so fingers crossed it works better tonight and tomorrow.

Cheeky - Adam's reflux is a complete nightmare - once he's finished a good feed he will just scream until he gets back on the breast again - which is what alerted the Health Visitor to him probably having reflux. He basically thinks that when he eats he's not in pain, however it's the worst thing he can do as it makes the reflux more painful when he comes off later - meaning more screaming - I have to say that I do hate it - and he hates the gaviscon he's been given - it does taste vile! But basically he's just always really unsettled unless he feeds himself to sleep - when he will then be okish.

Ilovecake - currently I'm really not coping with the diet at all - when I went shopping I even forgot to pick up my nimble so only have white bread in the house till tomorrow when I can get a lend of mum's car again to get to the shop to get the bread!

Sorry for waffling - am just shattered today and have no idea of what's really going on!

Good morning all - sorry for not being about for a week! I have had an eventful week....did my back in trampolining last weekend, so was in agony all week, finally got the the chiropractor on Tuesday and promptly got a 24 hour flu bug. I was so poorly. I have never ever been that ill in all my life. I couldnt lift head off the pillow. God knows where, but I found some inner strength to feed Elsie but that was all. Hubby called in sick for the 3 days just to take care of Elsie!
Anyway! Much better now! And this weather has turned nice for us. Going for a BBQ today at my dads!
How is everyone getting on? Due for a weigh in soon as I have not weighed for 2 weeks! Wish me luck.....
On that note...hubby has lost 9lbs in 2 weeks! Yeah for Darren! x

Hi Ladies, i hope you dont mind me butting in. I have been sw and breastfeeding at the same time. My son is now a year old and I have decided to stop. Im not sure if any of you will know the answer to this but am i likely to find that my losses slow down now since stopping? Will my milk go back into my body and cause a gain? Where does the milk go? My boobs are so heavy and full of milk at the moment so i will probably have a gain this week despite being 100% .If any of you can answer any of my questions then that would be so great. I have searched google and cant seem to find anything. Thanks in advance ladies xxx

CLAIREA said:
Hi Ladies, i hope you dont mind me butting in. I have been sw and breastfeeding at the same time. My son is now a year old and I have decided to stop. Im not sure if any of you will know the answer to this but am i likely to find that my losses slow down now since stopping? Will my milk go back into my body and cause a gain? Where does the milk go? My boobs are so heavy and full of milk at the moment so i will probably have a gain this week despite being 100% .If any of you can answer any of my questions then that would be so great. I have searched google and cant seem to find anything. Thanks in advance ladies xxx

Your milk will be reabsorbed. You will notice your breasts appear slightly smaller, you may even lose a lb or two. I've fed all four of my babies and you may still produce milk for a fair few weeks. Hope that helps. I always find it easier to lose weight when I'm not breastfeeding but that's me, you won't know if it's easier or not until you stop. Good luck and well done on feeding for a year. Xx

Hi gate crashing from ww here, I stopped breast feeding two weeks into starting my diet, I felt that 18 months was probably as long as I wanted to take it, I lost weight ever since and 18 cms off my breasts! T

Cont;
I don't know how often you were feeding your little one, but breast feeding works on supply and demand principle, so once the demand slows down, the supply slows too,
So if you were feeding maybe once or twice a day, as i was you, shouldn't feel engorged or full for very long, good luck with your eating plans x

Thanks ladies, so the milk gets reabsorbed and just disappears? Thats great. He was feeding three times a day and i stopped on Monday. The pain and swelling seems to be less severe now so cant wait to see the scales on Monday. Hoping for a nice loss. And wow 18cm off your boobs is amazing, Ive always been top heavy so any shrinkage would be fab! xxx Thanks again ladies

Well I did my weigh in and I lost 6lbs, thats 2 weeks worth of losses so Im v chuffed! Huuby lost another 2 and half so we're happy with things so far. Struggling with what to snack on to be honest. I too am like you that I find it easy to grab things and Im currently surviving on cheese on toast for breakfast, muller yoghurts all day long, snacking on ham for lunch along with fruit or homemade soup and tea is easy...so come on - snack ideas guys.....

Well done salski!!! I snack on fruit, alpen light bars, yogurts. Pretty boring really lol. Scan bran if I'm desperate lol.

Back