Breastfeeding and Slimming World

yep to be honest, I dont think the HE guidelines for breastfeeding by slimming world are very good, even if a baby is onto solids, they could still spend a huge amount of the day breastfeeding, so you still need those extra foods. My son was almost 1 years old, before he really cut down on his feeding. He would still want to nurse just as much (if not more) prior to that.

oh ok, thanks ladies :) i definately dont want to go back to being tired and listless which i was for the first 2 weeks as my C didnt tell me about extra HE's!! I have loads of energy eating as i do now (and losing weight at the same time, crazy!) and i have a VERY energetic 3 year old to keep up with too!

i prefer to use my HE on extra cereal in a morning, really sets me up for the day (and i nearly cried when i saw the size of a 28g portion of cereal!)

She doesnt take it every day either, maybe 2 in 3 days but she is definately having the same if not more some days of my milk. Cai self weaned at 11.5 months but i can see her wanting to carry on much longer, she wont drink from a bottle or have a dummy.... Still, as she's probably my last i am making the most of every sleepy, warm, milky cuddle :)

Still, as she's probably my last i am making the most of every sleepy, warm, milky cuddle :)

Awww this made me teary :cry: everyone says your babies grow up so fast but it really is true. The grow in a twinkle of an eye. I'm also savouring every moment I have with Rose!

28g of cereal really is pathetic isn't it? LOL!! You get 42g Weetabix crunchy bran cereal as an HE though!! It's quite a lot, a normal bowlful and it tastes delicious too and very filling!! I have it with chopped strawberries and blueberries. Try it, it's really good!

28g of cereal really is pathetic isn't it? LOL!! You get 42g Weetabix crunchy bran cereal as an HE though!! It's quite a lot, a normal bowlful and it tastes delicious too and very filling!! I have it with chopped strawberries and blueberries. Try it, it's really good!

Great minds ;) I have 2 of these lol, 84g of it properly sets me up for the day, then about 11 i have a mix of strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries with a mullerlight raspberry and cranberry yogurt - blummin lovely! Then i snack on fruit all day in between lunch and dinner :)

I LOVE THIS DIET!!

Awww Fernie, baby will come soon. I suppose for me it wasn't so bad because I had a ceserean so I knew what date I was having Rosie. Even thugh it ended up being a day later at least I knew when it was going to be over! Hang in there hunny it'll be over soon!

Oh my good god ladies, seriously.. how did you do it? i want this baby now :(

my two were both 1 day late, just to warn you!

i take it you're planning to b'feed then? its magical. you can look at your baby growing day by day and know "i've done this, i grew this person in my body and now they are on the outside i am STILL growing them :)"

TattooedMammy, you got it just right. I'm so proud and happy that my little teeny baby has grown into quite a sturdy robust baby and all from my boobies!! Not a drop of water or formula has passed her lips. Though will be feeding her water now that I'm feeding her solids!

Well it's a sad day ladies, I'm dropping one HEB from tomorrow as Rosie has taken one meal of solids everyday this week. Will do the same next week and the week after that I'll increase it to two solid meals a day and I'll drop another HE. Bye bye HEB :( lol

Baby arrived 39+5 days
At 8 months, she's still having good 5 feeds at day time plus once or twice "sleepy feeds". I'm doing baby led weaning so still not dropped most of her feeds.
Breastfeeding was difficult for me at first, but I'm proud to have stuck with it. It is quite impressive to know that you're nourishing this little human being and seeing them grow just from your breasts.
I definetly appreciate my breasts more now than I did before.
For me, it's not til about.. 4 or 5 months that I started enjoying feeding her.. so just be prepared that it MIGHT be a bit tough in the begining (Some have no probs whatsoever, some just a bit of problems for a week or so..)

Okay, im officially due this week (friday) and i'm getting a bit bored of Noodles trickery.. iv been feeling like absoloute ***** since friday night, and started leaking v small amounts of clear fluid which by yday.. i began to wonder if i had a slow leak.... braxton hicks and period pains galore, when i finally rang DAU to discuss it ALL stopped. :eek: Walked for 5 hours around Weston-super-mud saturday, which nearly killed me.. my back and feet felt awful! but i was SO uncomfy with a tight belly all eve saturday i wondered if i'd helped this along, but nada.. so here we are, its Monday.. 4 days till due day. I think this baby is either going to keep me waiting till wednesday, that's my guessing.. or il go the full 2 weeks over and have to be induced. Its not even like i mind when this baby comes, but after feeling SO well these past few weeks it's actually really irratating to be feeling like **** and know its not the start of things. :(

so rant over,

by the end of this month, i WILL be joining you!

awww bless you. are you drinking raspberry leaf tea? really shortens your pushing stage by helping your uterus work more efficiently. never too late to start. have arnica 30c at the ready, start taking when in labour and after, speeds healing. Are you nesting yet? Bit of nookie might start things off ;)

BuzzyBee I still feed my daughter at least 7 times in 24 hours, including 2 x at night (yawn). I'm feeding on demand so will let her appetite dictate how much BFing she needs as I introduce more solids. I'm very lucky I had no problems at all with BFing, she latched on 30 minutes after she was born and she's pretty much stayed there ever since LOL! My nipples were a bit sore in the begginning but I never suffered plugged ducts or mastitis or thrush or any of the BFing headaches. My mum says it's because she prays for me everyday (awww :) )

Oh Fernie! I'm so sorry you're uncomfortable, don't worry too much, at least you know the baby WILL come out eventually! Just enjoy every moment of being pregnant and pampered, relax and take things easy. Sorry I can't help with remedies to help things along as Rosie's delivery was scheduled but I hear nookie helps! And if not at least it's fun to get it while you still can cos when baby comes it all goes out the window for the first couple of months!

cor its been so long since wev had 'nookie' i may have forgotten how to do it :eek: sex drive was first to go LOL

Ive decided against raspberry leaf tea as it can cause distress to baby, but i had totally forgotten about arnica untill you said.. will get myself to holland and barrats or the chemist asap. Thanks for reminding me! :D

I hope i take to breastfeeding as well as you ladies have. Its really important to me :eek: im gunna miss being one person with my Noodle, so i want to have that bond through breastfeeding x

hey ladies, just starting in sw tomorrow and am looking forward to a slimmer trimmer new me, in a few months, have about 43 lbs to loose,

Hi guys..just joining you as I have a 13 week old daughter. She is my third child and our last so I am cherishing every sweet milky smile with her but not enjoying carrying around all this extra baby weight that has been compounding after three lovely babies!

Like some of you, I thought dieting didn't go with breastfeeding so never properly lost all the weight as there was only ever 3-4 months of proper weight loss between kids before I was pregnant again.

Anyways, enough of the excuses. I am happy to have found you guys and look forward to being slimmer so I can be more active with my babies!

I've never heard of RLT causing distress to the baby?! I had 10 min pushing stage with Cai and 5 min with Nia and i would recommend it to anyone who doesnt want to be pushing something the size of a watermelon through an opening the size of a lemon for any longer than they have to!! Its been used for centuries and totally safe as long as its used after 36 weeks.

Arnica = win for any injuries.:D

Honey - Nia latched on pretty much straight after birth and like your little one, has remained attached 90% of her life so far lol! But i dont mind, as i say, i think she might be my last:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
although hubby did say "if we did have another one...." last night and i was like :eek: i thought you said no more? and he was like "if it happens, it happens" :D:D:D:D

Not for a couple of years at least but i can see me finally getting my homebirth as my BMI is below 35 AND my labour with Cai was recorded as 3.5 hours and my labour with Nia was 1hour 21 mins!!! As all hospitals are at least 30 mins away, i think it would be safest to have the next one at home lol!

NOW LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE! YOU HAVE MADE ME BROODY!!:D

Not for a couple of years at least but i can see me finally getting my homebirth as my BMI is below 35 AND my labour with Cai was recorded as 3.5 hours and my labour with Nia was 1hour 21 mins!!! As all hospitals are at least 30 mins away, i think it would be safest to have the next one at home lol!

I have had two homebirths (One waterbirth and one in conservatory) and can't praise them highly enough...45 mins after each kid was born, all our extended family were in our living room eating the welcome cake and sipping Cristal champers! The midwife then tucks you and baba into bed and says goodnight = BLISS

NOW LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE! YOU HAVE MADE ME BROODY!!:D

Pmsl, aww it sounds like you do really want another, when the times right! .. im one of seven and my mum had her last two at home, as labour tends to speed up with each subsequent child so as you say, its proberly safer you stay at home anyways:eek: hope im that lucky!

My mw was the one who said she believes it can cause distress, because it can speed up pushing time. It does have its benifits, toning the uterus etc.. but i think im not gunna bother.. this baby will come when it comes, and if its long and painful and awful then atleast im still getting my baby at the end :eek:

Well stayed the same this week which is good considering we had a chippy and people keep visiting and bringing biscuits and cakes. Which then makes me think "sod it" and derail for rest of the week

Have resolved to eat better over the week and ignore the blips. I can basically manage that way I think.

LOL Lexie, I stayed the same this week too though I've been on plan. BFing can make weight loss erratic for some women so don't worry too much!

Back