Breastfeeding and Slimming World

I was just wondering whether you thought it was harder or easier to lose weight when BF? I thought it was suppose to be easier but my HV said otherwise. I lost 1.6st after giving birth but I still have a stone left. Two weeks later I haven't lost a thing despite being good!

I was just wondering whether you thought it was harder or easier to lose weight when BF? I thought it was suppose to be easier but my HV said otherwise. I lost 1.6st after giving birth but I still have a stone left. Two weeks later I haven't lost a thing despite being good!

Ive found it does come off but some weeks i have to be really good to get a loss!
You have more healthy extras so thats a bonus.

Whats difficult to assess is the amount of fluid ur body holds onto when breastfeeding so even if u dont see it come off in weight check ur inches! My weights been all over the place n ive been in the same stone for over 6mth up n down n up n down! But have lost loads of inches n my body shape is different now too. Ive finally give up that extra healthy extra though havent seen any difference on scales yet! Am still bfeeding though x

Hey guys! I had my son in January, he's 12 weeks old now and I'm exclusively breastfeeding. Been eating rubbish though, and lots if it and now I've GAINED 1st7lbs since I had him! Restarted SW last Wednesday and enjoying all the extras! I'm not feeling deprived, though I miss all the cookies I was scoffing! I weigh in on wednesday so hopefully I've made a good start. Anyway here's to being yummy mummies and having gorgeous well fed babies!

Jojo - totally OT but your lilypie always makes me smile :) once I've reached goal weight I'm going to have one like it x

Heehee thanks i never see it cos i do this via my phone!Dans such a booby milk boy lol no sign of him stopping any time soon n im glad im enjoying the experience as long as i can!

Finally on my next stone down think not having that extra healthy is helping though i do miss it :-( i just have to have more red n green days if i want bread or cheese

Hey guys! I had my son in January, he's 12 weeks old now and I'm exclusively breastfeeding. Been eating rubbish though, and lots if it and now I've GAINED 1st7lbs since I had him! Restarted SW last Wednesday and enjoying all the extras! I'm not feeling deprived, though I miss all the cookies I was scoffing! I weigh in on wednesday so hopefully I've made a good start. Anyway here's to being yummy mummies and having gorgeous well fed babies!

Aww wow congrats hun i was on the pregnancy sticky when u had ur daughter! Dont forget how well you did back then you can do it! X

Aw thanks Jojo! I can't believe there was a time I had no kids lol. They do take over our lives! Lets hope I do as well this time around! How are you doing?

They certainly do but in the best way possible.....absolutely love being a mum cant believe i waited so long! Lol children are just amazing!

I've only been a mum for three weeks and in all honesty I keep forgetting lol. When she cries at night I wake up wondering what the hell is going on!

I was just wondering if you knew how many hex I should have if I'm not exclusively bf? My 5 week has to have formula food for a week as I'm on medication so I'm expressing & chucking (heartbreaking throwing it out!). I'm only expressing every 6 hours where as I'd normally feed her every 3-4 so I've been having 5 hex as that's what it says to have if babies are being weaned (I do the green plan not EE). Anyone know if that's about right?

Last edited:
I was just wondering if you knew how many hex I should have if I'm not exclusively bf? My 5 week has to have formula food for a week as I'm on medication so I'm expressing & chucking (heartbreaking throwing it out!). I'm only expressing every 6 hours where as I'd normally feed her every 3-4 so I've been having 5 hex as that's what it says to have if babies are being weaned (I do the green plan not EE). Anyone know I'd that's about right?

I think thats correct babe xxx

Back