Breastfeeding on TS

PhoenixSong

Has anyone been on TS for a while whilst Breastfeeding?
How did it effect your supply?

I'm not exclusively BF as my son is 14 months. But I don't want my supply to go altogether.

If anyone has experience of this I would love to hear about it :)

PhoenixSong said:
Has anyone been on TS for a while whilst Breastfeeding?
How did it effect your supply?

I'm not exclusively BF as my son is 14 months. But I don't want my supply to go altogether.

If anyone has experience of this I would love to hear about it :)

Sorry I don't know but I do know they say not to do TS if your breastfeeding is the sole source of nutrition. Maybe emailing exante would be the best idea :)

Oh dear they've replied saying they would only recommend simple solution whilst breastfeeding, but no explanation as to why :(
I'll just have to see how it goes then

PhoenixSong said:
Oh dear they've replied saying they would only recommend simple solution whilst breastfeeding, but no explanation as to why :(
I'll just have to see how it goes then

Oh :( probably best to see how it goes then x

PhoenixSong said:
I don't want my supply to disappear but also know if i can eat food it won't work as a diet for me :(

Completely understand that, it is much harder IMO when you have to make food choices too :(

I think it may be due to the amount of Nutrients in the shakes.. its only RDA for you hun.. and you know yourself you need alot of extra stuff in your body when you BF, so its more for concern for yourself.. that the few Nutrients that are in the shakes will only cover your requirments.

Scarybush said:
I think it may be due to the amount of Nutrients in the shakes.. its only RDA for you hun.. and you know yourself you need alot of extra stuff in your body when you BF, so its more for concern for yourself.. that the few Nutrients that are in the shakes will only cover your requirments.

What about 4 packs?

I breastfeed while on Exante and added another pack in, one for baby! I had more milk due to the lovely water I was drinking and I tested the milk and it didn't have any ketone in it, which was my main worry

Sent from my Nexus One using MiniMins

Just to add though, I wouldnt do this if I was the ONLY source of food to your baby so 6 months + or when ever you decide to start weaning.

Personally, when your baby is having some good food meals a day.

Also the Exante site says not for if you are purely still breastfeeding your baby, so they have left it open for use after this time.

Thank you for all you replies and advice :)

I'll try 4 packs a day then... I was wondering if I should do that. My son feeds before bed and then a few times through the night. He then will have 3/4 feeds during the day but they're only small feeds mainly for comfort rather than nutrients, he definitely gets enough food to survive without it technically lol! But neither of us are ready to stop yet :)

Thanks again x

I am not saying what I did was right though, but you have to make your own choice. I was quite tired though, with still feeding in the night, so watch out for that.

Back