Breath mints on Cambridge, does anyone know.........

Scottishguy1978

does anyone know where you can but those mints that are like thin strips and you put on your tongue and they disintegrate??? I am told they are allowed on Sole Source CD to help the bad breath but I've searched in all the local shops, petrol stations and tesco for them and can't find.
Just wondered if anyone knew of a store that stocked them!
Cheers all:D

havent seen them is ages and i think you can have them.

you can have sugarfree gum but only chew for a min or two then get rid as it can make some people feel hungry. some will say its a no no but my cdc said it was ok just make sure its sugarfree :)

Ha! Minimins taking over!

I was wondering what was allowed as well, so thanks for posting this. I can't do the gum thing...it really does make me hungry (I read somewhere that it stimulates the digestive enzymes), so maybe I'll try this.

And yet another O/T - wow great pix Pete! You're looking great! Must be so chuffed with yourself (as if the smile didn't say so ;))

ebay sell the strips aswell.

cheers guys!
and yeah Pete you're doing great fella - real inspiration for me!

sod ebay, i just used petes link and bought 3 packs, what a bargain! and you can use paypal aswell!

well done pete, you look great!

Scottishguy
How ya doin mate!
So, after my posting yesterday, and taking a bashing from you and BabyB, you have THE BREATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As I stated yesterday, I am struggling as my tooth brush packed its bags and p****d off after I tried to brush my teeth, it wasnt going anywhere near THE BREATH.
Saying that, have drunk a bucket load of water, and it seems to have calmed down a bit.
It does make you concious of getting/speaking close to people though, ah well, they have probably smelt worse!
Take care Scottish, spk soon buddy

you have to be careful that the breath sprays don't have citric acids in them though (I think there's some other acids as well), as they can kick you out of Ketosis.

Scottishguy
How ya doin mate!
So, after my posting yesterday, and taking a bashing from you and BabyB, you have THE BREATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As I stated yesterday, I am struggling as my tooth brush packed its bags and p****d off after I tried to brush my teeth, it wasnt going anywhere near THE BREATH.
Saying that, have drunk a bucket load of water, and it seems to have calmed down a bit.
It does make you concious of getting/speaking close to people though, ah well, they have probably smelt worse!
Take care Scottish, spk soon buddy

hey fella how you gettin on?
im bloody ravenous today lol
went to gym again this morning and i think that is why, did 50 mins cardio & 20 mins weights. i could bloody murder a dominos pizza lol
however my willpower is still 110% here and very focused and trying to just ignore thoughts of food! not sure why the heck i sat and watched about 2 hours of 'come dine with me' on E4 earlier as i sat slobbering over the dinners!
anyway let me know how you're finding it so far fella

i love come dine with me! i actually like watching cooking shows it just makes me think when im at target i can have nice sensible meals!

Scottish
Mate, I can imagine a nice Domino's now, but then I realise that I would rest the pizza box on my gut, then funnily enough, I go off the idea of a deep pan!
I'm good mate & like I said in another thread, finding it a piece of p**s at the moment, even the breath has calmed.
Just make sure your filling up with water mate, you must be losing a bit down at the gym!
Vamps, I'm gonna use this period to re focus on food, and agree that some of these tv shows, really educate ya, and being on cd, makes you look at food differently too!
Not saying I'm gonna turn into a rabbit, but I hope that my food choices will be healthier!

Last edited:
Ohh, I asked my cdc these questions about mints, chewing gums and anything for the breath..

She advised me against chewing gums, said I could have the sugar free ones but the motion of chewing 'apparently' makes you more hungry.

Anyway, cut a long story short...

she told me to give mints and chewing gums a miss and to stick to mouthwash :p

Good luck xx

scared to ask this for fear of bigfella reacting lol

R these strips any good then?? Not got the bad breath yet, but a bit worried about someone chatting to me face to face soon and it will be lol cant hide for 7 months.

I personally have found that when my intake of water is where it should be i.e. 3/4 litres a day, I don't get 'death breath', and coupled with the water I brush my teeth 3 times a day......I have done the breath test on some 'friendly folk' like OH and close friends to ensure that I am OK and they could not smell anything.:D

Scottish
Mate, I can imagine a nice Domino's now, but then I realise that I would rest the pizza box on my gut, then funnily enough, I go off the idea of a deep pan!
I'm good mate & like I said in another thread, finding it a piece of p**s at the moment, even the breath has calmed.
Just make sure your filling up with water mate, you must be losing a bit down at the gym!
Vamps, I'm gonna use this period to re focus on food, and agree that some of these tv shows, really educate ya, and being on cd, makes you look at food differently too!
Not saying I'm gonna turn into a rabbit, but I hope that my food choices will be healthier!

Hey Dean how are you getting today mate?
I'm struggling big time but getting cold/flu bug i think and this freezing weather is making it feel much worse than it actually is. 1st week weigh in last night and lost a stone in 1st week so was chuffed. Let me know how you're doing

Hey Scottish
Im still good mate, no probs at all. Have had that cold/flu thing at the start of Dec so hopefully wont get it again - does make you feel like ***** though!
A stone - top man, celebrating? (Nice pint of that great scottish tipple, H2O for you then??)
Keep it going mate, dont forget to check your private messages!
Got my weigh in on saturday, that will be 10 days in, so, hopefully am hoping for a loss like you (everything crossed)
Take care pal

Back