Brendan's Exante Diary

demmeister

I'm embarking once again on an Exante journey!

Back in 2014 I was able to get myself down to a respectable 11stone-something before I got married. Since then I've not really paid any attention to my weight and have landed myself back up above 17 and a half stone. I've gone from a medium t-shirt to an xl and I've gone from 34" jeans to 40".

During lock down, I've tried sticking to weight watchers for a bit and that got me down to 17stone but again, I fell off the ww wagon so now I'll be following Exante for as long as I can to really give my weight loss a boost.

I started a couple of days ago and on day 1 I just drank three shakes for the day. It wasn't until day 2 (yesterday) that I realised that things have changed and I should also be adding 200 calories of food to the three shakes. It's an interesting change which I suppose gives you something to look forward to at the end of the day but I'm obviously wondering how it'll affect my weight loss journey compared to last time.

Anyway, keeping a diary here really helped last time so I look forward to hearing from you all :)

So, day 4 and I'm starting to settle in a bit more now. We're running a (socially distanced) event today so I've had to watch the staff eat sausage sarnies for breakfast and subway for lunch which was fun :)

All good otherwise though. How is everyone else getting on today?

Welcome back.

I've been doing Exante again since about mid-April and have managed to lose 3st 10lbs so far, I've been changing things up a bit to see what has worked best for me and I've figured out that for me to lose I need to have 3 Exante products a day and 400 calories so a total of 1,000.

I started doing 10k steps a day and I stopped losing on the 800 calories cos it just isn't enough so keep in mind that you might need to chop and changes things a few times to figure out what works best for you.

Anyway best of luck to you!! You can do this.

Eagerly anticipating my first weigh-in tomorrow. We had a bbq on Sunday because of the lovely weather so I substituted two shakes and my 200 calories for three pieces of (approx 100cal) chicken a 5% fat burger. No bread of course! Hoping that doesn't affect things too much and I still have a good loss this week.

As I recall, the first week is usually the best week so we'll see how it goes tomorrow!

First week is usually always a good loss and I really don't think anything you ate will cause your loss to slow, you showed real restraint there so well done!

I love BBQ's and that's just a great excuse for me to binge usually so I don't know how I would have managed on week 1.

First weigh in and 6lbs down. Couldn't really have asked for more for my first weigh in so it's all good.

Still a long way to go so I'm not resting on my laurels. Just ordered another month's worth of exante products and settling in for the long haul :)

Day 11 today and thinks are just ticking over nicely. Feeling quite hungry at times which I don't remember from last time I did exante but it's possible the extra 200 calories of food is causing that. Not sure what to expect in terms of a loss this week. I know week 2 can be a little low generally but hopefully I can still shift a few pounds

I've been feeling quite hungry aswell, not sure why cos I usually don't.

Just keep going and you will see the lbs come off.

A few days late posting my second weigh-in results. Lost 4lbs which I'm very happy with. Hoping that I can get under 16st this week although that would require a 5lb loss so we'll see how it goes...

Thanks for the support guys!
I made a huge error last night. Instead of my usual evening shake, I tried an exante cookie which was awful - gave up after two bites. Instead, I then tried an exante chocolate bar but had to stop after one small bite. Having nibbled at those, I didn't want to add a full shake to my calorie intake so just went without.
I'm now starving! Hopefully I'll be back to feeling normal tomorrow!

Oh that's the worst.

The products can be a bit hit and miss. I do like some of the bars but I tend to just order shakes now cos they do fill me up and I enjoy them.

If I need bars for when I'm out and about I go to Superdrug and keep an eye out for the Lighterlife bars, I usually stock up on them when they go on sale.

If I was you I would just have the shake, it won't do to much harm and better than that starving feeling which would make me more likely to cheat.

Looking at this positively you have discovered some things on Exante what you do and don't like! I agree with Dolly Rocker, in the same position I would have the shake too rather than be hungry.

Hey demmeister

Have have started the hardest but which is the first week! your doing great.

I am on the lipotirm ( LL ) Just shakes its hard going but the weight just drops off me can never don't the Exante what it like?

Weekly weigh in. Lost 3lbs this week. Not my best week but I went in to this expecting 3-4lbs per week which gets me a stone every month. Onwards and upwards for week 4

Back