Brenda's ickle update thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning bren love.

Hi love, I'm fine, weather is a bit gloomy though :(

Hey Bren.. just popping by to say Hi. x

Morning Bren, how was the visit last night?

Just read back a bit, so sorry to hear about your father - you must be exhausted - sending you big hugs xx

Morning Bren.
How are things going?

Morning all, sorry I did not get on last night but was knackered when I got home and all I could manage was giving the missus a bottle of wine to open and pour..............Dad seems to me to have gone down a bit since Sunday and yet they are talking about discharging him in the next 7 days, I just don't understand their thinking on this one. I know he is ill and is not going to get better but surely he needs to be stronger to cope with the transition? Hopefully he will start picking up again in the next couple of days and prove me wrong.

See you at lunchtime folks - hugs to you all xxx

Hello honey, you must be so tired, try not to worry too much and get some rest (and get some wine down you!).

Thinking about you (((((Bren))))))) xx

xxx big hugs darling xxx

You have to work on the theory that they know what they are doing Bren. And if they think discharging him is a good idea then it must be. He might just have been having a low time when you happened to visit.

Hope you enjoyed your wine.

I know it's especially tough for you being so far away as you can't be bothering the doctors demanding answers on his behalf, but do get someone nearby of a bullish nature to arrange to speak to his doctor and ask what they think will be different this time as opposed to last.

It's not that I have any problems with the quality of care I've seen in hospitals, quite the reverse, but sometimes you just know a person better. Like last time the hospital wanted to put nana in a nursing home where she would just have given up. We argued and got her into an elderly rehab place where she made huge improvements - until this latest accident. Sometimes you just know what they need beyond what the statistics and reports say and hospital staff see so many people they can't develop that level with them.

I hope you've had plenty of rest and are feeling better.

Evening all
Rose - I did the 30 day shred tonight - not exactly restful but think it was what I needed............sitting around moping is not good for me, I need to be doing something.

Am finishing the bottle of wine that I started last night, just spoke to my bro who said Dad has been moved and was actually out of bed for 20 minutes standing up, that is a great leap forward from yesterday. My sis is the rottweiler on the case at the hospital - she tore strips off the doctor when he was rushed back in on Saturday!
We are just taking it a day at a time for now and hoping they get it right this time.

Thank you for all your support, I loves ya all muchly xxxxxxxxxxxx

I know I mock exercise - but it does help to improve mood, so am proud of you, hun.

And - a day at a time...xxxxx

Yes Susie, it really does help, and I have been missing it hugely (never ever thought I would say that) so I must keep it up now I have got started again. Thanks sweetie xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back