Briar Rose's Journey!

Hi everyone,

I went to the docs yesterday. Its over 12mths since Id been to the docs and things have certainly improved in there since last time. I saw a really good looking young doctor. Gosh I didn't want to leave. LOL

Anyway he thinks the nausea and poorly feeling are due to being on such a restrictive diet and then going mad at the weekend. He says you have to reintroduce food to your body slowly or you give it a shock it can't cope with.
I also told him about m asthma being better on the diet and he thinks because I cut out most dairy products it could have something to do with this. He says the only way to tell for sure is to totally cut them out for 4-6 weeks and then see if you get a reaction when you eat them again. The only thing he said was don't try to cut them out and low carb at the same time. You have to do one or the other when testing for allergies or you can't tell which has caused it.

Well with only 5 weeks till my hols I defiantly want to carry on with my diet as Id really like another stone by then.

I have put a few pounds on with my weekend away so I will update my weight on here when Ive lost it. x

What Happens to Your Body When… You Carb Binge? | Mark's Daily Apple this might go some way to explaining why you were feeling minging.

Hope you're soon back in to tip top fat busting shape! :hug:

It could also be wheat that your lungs are sensitive to - my asthma is sensitive to both wheat and dairy, but obviously as the exante products are mostly made from milk powder I can clearly tolerate *some* dairy as long as it's not getting wheat.

wow Weevil, I just read that article and that was what I was like. I felt really really poorly.

Now the trouble is I am off to florida in 5 weeks on my hols and that is one of the reasons I wanted to loose so much weight because of all the fab food over there. Now i might have to have a rethink on all the carbs because I don't want to feel like I did on Sunday again.

Now its funny you mention the wheat as well. On Exante and Slim and save you do still have milk protein and dairy products for meals but I didn't have any wheat products at all. Now over the weekend I had plenty of wheat products and my asthma was really bad so I might look into that before the dairy. x

Just think of all the amazing STEAK you can have!! I think when I go back to Florida in a couple of years' time I'll be living on surf n turf for 3 weeks :D

Other reasons to lose weight for your holiday - looking fabulous, coping better with the heat, thighs less chafe-y, more stamina to walk round all the parks, feel better in the water parks, sense of achievement, able to buy clothes that you'll feel good about! You'll keep feeling all those and more if you keep in a good habit track throughout. Treat yourself with extra experiences on top of what you're planning, not with food ;)

I'm off on holiday with my best mate & her kids in October (not sure where yet, possibly Portugal/Sardinia), and I know that if I go off the rails carb wise it will only spoil my good memories of the holiday & make me regret it once I get back and the reality of weight piled on/bloatedness & poorly feeling hits. I'll be enjoying as much fresh fish, steak & low GI fruit & veg as I can get my grubby mitts on though, having exante products when there's no healthy option, using MFP to keep my head in the game and aiming just to maintain - with a bit of luck you'll be able to do the same in the USA!

Hi , just think of your holiday and how much better you will feel, I like you am going away in just under 4 weeks and one thing i am looking forward to is not having to squeeze the seat belt round me! it felt really tight on our return trip from mexico in may just before i started my exante journey and i am not going to go back to that! Hope you are feeling better soon and good luck with the diet xx

Thanks guys,

You are totally right Weevil. There is still a lot of food out there without the carb overload. Im not sure what low GI means.

Anyway Im back on with now and have lost 3Lbs since I got back. Only another 3 to go and I will be back to what I was last friday. Im also going to see how my asthma goes without the wheat again. I will take more notice of it this time. I can manage without bread anyway but is what else is wheat in?

Wheat sneaks in to a lot of things - my penny dropping moment happened when I was on lipotrim a few years ago, my asthma reduced straight away but then when I got constipated I got one of the clear fibre products and immediately got wheezy again. Looked on the label and it was derived from wheat. CLANG.

Low/medium/high GI basically means how much easily accessible sugar is in whatever you consume, compared with slower release starches. Actually, looking in to it further I will be eating low carb, not low GI, as I know that I will still get a 'hit' from some of the fruit/veg on the low GI list. Here's a low carb fruit/veg list (note that the amount of fruit is still restricted) Low-carb fruits and vegetables

Well done for getting back on - wagons roll!

Good afternoon Sue, well done for getting back on track :hug99: xx

Thanks for the link to those veggies weevil. I might print that off and memorise it.

Right Ive made a decision. I need to kick start my losses again as Ive only 5 weeks to go till hols. Im going total solution for the next 7 days. I haven't done total since my first week so hopefully it will get rid of my gain and a bit more by next thursday. I will need all the support I can get though girls as I find it difficult.

So lets see how I get on. x

Good luck Hun you can do it just focus on getting through those first few days and have 4 packs if you find it hard.

With you all the way - that sounds like a sensible decision, it's time limited so just cross off the days and get through them any way you can.

Aw where are you off on hols BR? 5 weeks to go, sounds fab! (if i lose a few more lbs can I hide in your suitcase?!!)

You can do this! :girlpower:

Good Luck BR. Im so chilly :gen125:at the moment and the thought of Florida sunshine sounds heavenly.:D

Yay for me, I have managed a 100% day today. It is hard but Im concentrating on just doing it for 7 days at the moment. Mini goals and all that. Im sitting here with my hot chocolate and am already getting that empty feeling in my tum.

We are off to florida Miss Piggy for 24 nights. We have saved all our holiday for the whole year to go for so long as we are both self employed. I can't wait now. Only 5 weeks to go!!!! x

Briar Rose said:
Yay for me, I have managed a 100% day today. It is hard but Im concentrating on just doing it for 7 days at the moment. Mini goals and all that. Im sitting here with my hot chocolate and am already getting that empty feeling in my tum.

We are off to florida Miss Piggy for 24 nights. We have saved all our holiday for the whole year to go for so long as we are both self employed. I can't wait now. Only 5 weeks to go!!!! x

Ooh that sounds fantastic xxxx

Afternoon BR.... don't know how I missed your diary cos I think we both started about the same time. Anyway, I've just read from start to finish (keeping out of the kitchen :)) You've done amazingly on your weight loss ~ especially the not turning to food with all that's happened. It's interesting what you say about wheat etc cos I'm definitely finding my asthma's a lot better at the mo... I'm going low carb when I've finished my 100 days. Bet you can't wait for your holiday, sounds fantastic.... I'll keep checking back now I know where you are (you won't get rid of me) :D xx

Oh and I think I'm gonna go and find 'fitness pal'. I love the idea of being able to input my eating and keep track of my carbs ~ I'm sure that'll be really helpful, thanks xx

Good afternoon Sue, your holiday sounds mmmm, I'm very jealous! :D

Hope you're well and having a good day :hug99: xx

Back