Had a sneaky weigh this morning, naughty but my scales are usually about 1lb out from the SW ones and I've lost 5lb! I'm not expecting it to stick by Saturday but fingers crossed as would put me back where I was before Xmas :) I'm starting to panic about the wedding now, so much to do and not a lot of time left to do it!

I had my first weigh in of the new year at home this week as I have booked this week as a holiday week. I am down 1.5lbs which I am delighted with

Thats great for first weigh in after the new year x

Am a bridesmaid in July this year AND July next year, so am trying to drop some weight.. only problem is, obviously this year's bride really wants to order the bridesmaid dresses and I have no idea what size to go for. I have dropped from a size 22 to a size 18 (nearly 4 stone) since August last year and am still going strong so am hoping to be a 14 (or maybe even a 12) by July. Eeek. I might ask for a 14 and then pay to get it altered myself if needs be (or buy a 16 if I haven't made it). I feel bad for making everyone's life difficult!!

Well done everyone sounds like we're all doing ok this week. Let's keep the motivation going!

Jilvis you have done amazing! Don't put too much pressure on yourself for where you'll be but still aim high and you shouldn't feel bad about it either it's a very brave thing to take on any healthy eating plan :)

Had a sneaky weigh this morning, naughty but my scales are usually about 1lb out from the SW ones and I've lost 5lb! I'm not expecting it to stick by Saturday but fingers crossed as would put me back where I was before Xmas :) I'm starting to panic about the wedding now, so much to do and not a lot of time left to do it!

Catherine I did the same this morning and too and had also lost 5lbs since starting on Saturday! I really hope that stays! My week is going great as long as I make good choices when out for lunch on Friday then Saturday should be good!

Am a bridesmaid in July this year AND July next year, so am trying to drop some weight.. only problem is, obviously this year's bride really wants to order the bridesmaid dresses and I have no idea what size to go for. I have dropped from a size 22 to a size 18 (nearly 4 stone) since August last year and am still going strong so am hoping to be a 14 (or maybe even a 12) by July. Eeek. I might ask for a 14 and then pay to get it altered myself if needs be (or buy a 16 if I haven't made it). I feel bad for making everyone's life difficult!!

You've done so well! Any idea what your dress is going to be like or is it a surprise til the bride has ordered them? I'm going to try my dress on again at end of February, and then final fit for alterations at end of April. I'm hoping by then to only be half a stone off target, cos I'm not sure what will happen if I lose more after the alterations! It is a corset style back though so hopefully its not going to make any difference anyway x

Thanks ladies - I'm really pleased with my progress. Just got to keep going :D

We are getting together at the beginning of next month to pick out the dresses. Luckily the bride is quite laid back and is happy for us to wear different styles as long as we are in the same colour. We have all been trying to find options to try on. Finding bridesmaid dresses is surprisingly hard as she wants to be able to order several styles for us to try on and return the ones we don't want. Most online stores have horrible returns policies that mean we can't order from them so we are limited to mainly high street stores and ASOS (although there are some lovely dresses still!)

You've done so well! Any idea what your dress is going to be like or is it a surprise til the bride has ordered them? I'm going to try my dress on again at end of February, and then final fit for alterations at end of April. I'm hoping by then to only be half a stone off target, cos I'm not sure what will happen if I lose more after the alterations! It is a corset style back though so hopefully its not going to make any difference anyway x

Ooh - a corset style is good for a slimmer.. its great that you have a bit of flexibility as a result :D Ours definitely won't be that style as she's going for a more floaty, bohemian style. Well done for getting so close to target!! Was the wedding a big motivator or were you on track anyway?

Its your wedding isn't it?!! Man, that was a stupid question then :D

Its your wedding isn't it?!! Man, that was a stupid question then :D

Lol, yes wedding is 28th May this year :) I will dig out the name of the place I ordered my bridesmaid dresses from. It's in Scotland, they have a website and take returns long as you pay postage. They have tons of designs, the quality is good and I think mine were around £45 each x

Lol, yes wedding is 28th May this year :) I will dig out the name of the place I ordered my bridesmaid dresses from. It's in Scotland, they have a website and take returns long as you pay postage. They have tons of designs, the quality is good and I think mine were around £45 each x
Thanks!! that would be really helpful :D

Mines baby pink :)

I have the same issue now. My bride is looking for me to buy a dress a year in advance. I picked a size 14 cause that is what I have averaged out at before I put on a the weight last year. So I will get it altered down nearer the time. But its safer to be a little larger side in case you need it

Hey everyone, sorry I've not posted in a while. Things are so manic here. Planning a wedding when you're both self employed musicians sure takes its toll!

How did everyone get on with weigh in? I lost 11lbs in my first week. Absolutely thrilled. Think star week may scupper me tomorrow but can't complain after last week really!

We (the bridesmaids) are getting together with the bride this weekend to try on some dresses she has ordered online and maybe do a little shopping trip if we don't find one we like from her selection! I'm excited but a bit nervous. I know she ordered me a size 18 but I'm thinking they will be a little big.. nonetheless I am not looking forward to modelling them alongside the perfect 10s that are the other bridesmaids (although they are really lovely). Feeling a little bit insecure.

Back