Bridget Jones eat your heart out!

Its Tessa

Tuesday 9th August

Dear Reader,
let me introduce myself. I am Tessa, I was twelve and a half stone, but I am in the mid elevens now. I am five foot and four inches tall, and used to be a size 10/12, until I gave up the fags, got a desk job, and had an early menopause. Thank God for HRT, or I might have topped myself. Some Doctors don't have a clue. I also have the feet of a hobbit and getting shoes to fit are the bane of my life.

I am now on day er.......about day 23 of being a Duckie, and the results are wonderful. This morning, I managed to easily fit into my linen trousers, which I brought for a holiday in Majorca last year. They never made it to Majorca....I got them home from the shop, they were too tight, and I promised I would slim in to them. HA HA HA HA. I have a wardrobe of "Promise I will slim in to them" clothes. So I have the linen trousers, on, and they are actually too big around the waist. LOVELY.
This morning, to my shock, I was another half pound down. Today is the veg day, and I have just done a big pan of mexican mince ( a pound of the leanest mince, stretched with heaps of carrots and allowable veggies).

This afternoon, I am going to go through my bra drawer - and see what can be chucked out, and see what I can now fit into. I hope that loosing weight, isn't going to rob me of my boobs too much. (I want to get rid of the back fat). Getting slimmer has had positive results in the bedroom department, and the fact that Mr Tessa is also ducking it, has been very lovely!

I have only another 3.2 pounds until I reach the stone loss mark. Its been 5 years since I was that weight. Another thing is that I am keeping well clear of my girl friends - as there is one person I know who would like to "knobble" me - and it ain't going to happen. Comments please!

Tessa

PS, my grammar is terrible, but I am good at maths.

Thursday 11th August

Yesterday was a pissy day. I got on the scales, and they were up. On account of two major factors - the previous day had been a P/V, and I had not had a porcelain alter deposit! ( how do other people express this lavatorial act?)

And it rained - all day. This was not just a trickle, it was a deluge - all day. Had to go into town, and I walked, ( in my wellies). It was nice putting them on,as they slip over my calves now, and I don't feel as if my legs are wearing tourniquets.

In town, I started to feel hungry. Now, this one had me in a moral dilemma. Costa have a skinny latte with vanilla SF ( or hazelnut, or caramel) syrup. I went for it. £2.65 worth of delight, and it hit the spot. Needed I have worried, need I heck as like, for this morning the scales were showing a pound loss.

Today is also a PP day. I have 2 PP back to back:

Mon pp
Tues pv
weds pp
thurs pp
friday pv
sat pp
sun pv

Reason being is that I like to have veg on a sunday with my roast beef/Chicken. And its always a family meal.

Ohhh husband is back tonight, after being away for 5 days. I wonder if he'll see a difference in me?

tessa

a porcelain alter deposit! ( how do other people express this lavatorial act?)

We tend to call it a "transition" around here! :D

Hope your husband notices you've lost weight when he gets back. Don't worry if that doesn't happen just yet (some men wouldn't notice if their wives shaved off all of their hair and painted their scalp purple! :eek:;) ) - it certainly will in future, though, as the change can be amazing! :)

Tuesday 16th August.

I've not posted recently because I have been sulking.

The numbers on the scales were going down, and on Friday, I had broken into the 150's. On Saturday, I stepped on to find that I was back in the 160's, having somehow gained 2lbs. I cried. I am so wanting to have lost 14lbs by the end of this week, ( and now I was 2.5 lbs away from it). So I have decided to do 5days PP, and then 2 days PV, and see if I can sustain that. As of this morning I am now 1.6 lbs away from my mini goal, and feel a lot happier with myself.

Is anyone else as sensitive about their weight? - I think with me it has so much to do with my mental outlook, and its a major hangup. I am fed up of being the token fat friend.

Will post more later, when I am feeling brighter.

Tessa

Don't be so hard on yourself, chica.

You sound a little like me, the minute I decide to do something about my weight I expect it all to disappear miraculously overnight. Then my sensible inner voice reminds me that it took time to go on, it'll take time to come off.

There's so many reasons your weight on the scales can fluctuate and it can be depressing and soul destroying when the numbers don't reflect your efforts. I now look for non scale victories to keep me motivated. Is my waist band loser? Am I able to fit into clothes I hadn't been up to this? Am I losing cms? Has anyone paid me a compliment?

Hope you feel better soon and sometimes all we need is to be able to have a good vent! :) Xx

Hello Tessa - lovely to read you - and sorry you're going through a difficult time. The best thing is to continue posting your menus so that we can react if there's anything "wrong".

5 x PPs followed by 2 PVs aren't going to help your "transit" issues. Alternate days really is the best way. Over PP'ing your life not only will bung you up, but you'll regain the water weight afterwards anyway :)

Hang in there :D

Hi Tessa,

great diary! Just to continue on what Maintainer (Jo) said: don't do the row of PPs. It won't really help much. The losses on Dukan are not linear down, you'll find that they go up as well as down, but the long term trend is down. I used to stall / gain for 5 or more days and then drop a pound or two overnight. Stick with it and maybe use a measuring tape to record other losses around your calves and arms - as you've already found. I could not agree more on the Wellies front! Such a RELIEF ;-)

Sorry I never check the menu thread these days but if you aren't it might be worth posting your food in there so we can spot if you've been 'going wrong' somewhere: too much salt, too much dairy, too many Muller lights can all affect your losses.

Anjuschka and Jo, I should have read your posts earlier. I should have done a PV day today, but the desire wasn't there. I've had a really busy day - and its been grabbit food. I thought I would be climbing the walls for salad...but no. So today was day 6 of pp ( unintended). I am wondering if I am doing this subconsiously, as I really want to loose that .4 of a pound, which would take me to the 14lb weight loss. I need to slow down and become more realistic in my expectations. Patience was never one of my virtues (ha! - you should have heard me, when my second child was 3 weeks - yes 21 days - overdue!)
Tomorrow I will do it, I shall have a plate of canned tomatoes for breakfast. I think I am having far too much dairy. Todays diary has been posted.
As for being bunged up - the wheat bran is doing the trick. I am so much better in the waste disposal area than I ever was on Atkins!!

Tessa

So frustrating for you trying to get to that stone mark! I have found this week I have been up and down too, and think that that's the way it will be if I continue to weigh every day whilst on Cruise.

But it will all melt away eventually. We just need to keep doing what we are doing and we will get there (just keep swimming, just keep swimming!!)

YEAH!!!! I have now lost that elusive 14 pounds. 28 packets of lard.
My really lovely everso expensive bra doesn't fit. ( shame - the only good thing about being bigger was I had a bust to die for). Ah well. why does it come off the places you don't want it to? why will I ever have thunder thighs ( even at 9st 2, I had massive elephantine legs and you could see my ribs?)

I am a very happy girl today..even happier now, as husband has now lost 13 pounds ( thanks to me and Dukan) and looks 10 years younger and a LOT sexier. WOOO WOOO!!!

Tessa

Monday 29th August

Another week has past, and Aberdeen is like Siberia. Sitting with the heating on and wearing a fleece.
Not the best week ever, I have had 3 meals out, with wine ( literally a glass, not a bottle, and a small glass at that). From a positive point of view, just over a pound up, and very much back on track.
I have noticed how I have changed in my eating habits - if its a food not allowable on Dukan, then I make sure its worth eating. If its a piece of bread, it has to be the nicest bread in the world, and if its not, its not going to be eaten.
So what happened?
Monday I met a girlfriend, glass of wine ( small) some olives, no bread, beef in a wine reduction ( tough as old boots) and a costa skinny latte. Minimal damage
Then thursday, met girlfriends...opted for the coriander and carrot soup (applause please) and it had heaps of cream in it, the venison was superb, but lots of butter on the veg, and a single scoop of ice cream. The ice cream was ok, but nothing special, and I'd have rather had a gallette. 1 glass of champagne

Weekend in Stirling. Very much on track with Dukan ( as husband - the ever diminishing husband) is also on the plan. Had scrambled eggs ( poor watery specimens), and half a tomato and half a slice of bread. b and b did not want to do porridge ( for gawds sake) and couldn't do poached eggs. Half a tomato, I ask you!

For evening dinner, we had lovely bagged salad with balsamic vinegar and chicken, or prawns. So all was well. Then on Sunday, met more friends for HUGE disapointment, expensive disappointment. No wine either, a diet coke, a bowl of lentil and ginger soup ( with rubbish bread, which I didn't eat) , then the "famous" steak and ale pie, (aka two pieces of puff pasty with a dollop of casserole inside), carrots and broccoli. And a small taste of my friends apple pie. Ok, but am I really missing out on "normal food" whilst following Dukan? The answer is no. was there anything that made me think I wish I wasn't following this plan? - well no.

When we returned home last night, husband made me a cinnamon gallette with a big dollop of lemon greek yogurt (FF of course). Best thing I've tasted in days!

Tessa

So what's the plan now?

Back