Brilliant words...

Hi

Having a bored moment at work and reading back over old posts on here - just read;

"The time will pass whether you are on Lighterlife or not"

So the next week or month or 3 months are going to go by anyhow, so I might as well get to the end of however long and be slimmer at the end of it! Rather than be so cross with myself for NOT sticking to it.

I'm just at the beginning of week 2 as a returner (from 2 1/2 years ago having done LL) and those words REALLY help! I think it was Cerulean who wrote them - Thank you!

Daisy x

Hi Daisy

Thank you for finding that statement, i am only on day 3 ss and i am struggling.

But that statement makes a lot of sense. We can sit by and watch the weeks, months pass us by or we can do something about it.

Good luck to you

Andria xx

Thank you - yes it was me - have no idea in which post though. I was sort of quoting Beechy from the intro DVD. And the reason why this year worked is that I thought about the turn of every year and the failure I always felt every January as I realised I had had the same resolution for the 15th year running and that it had never worked as a resolution.

So every time I hit the abstinence wall and felt like quitting I kept thinking about how the time would pass anyway...after all in Groundhog Day eventually Bill Muray's character gets the message and he uses his extra tme which at first he sees as a burden as a chance to do the day the best he can.

I took this approach with learning Spanish a couple of years ago. Every time I rebelled about doing my homework (mis deberes ;)) I thought about how if I didn;t just get on with it, I would be no better off the next year. I think it's a good strategy for all seemingly difficult and insurmountable tasks.

Back