Extra Easy Days Bring on the Bread

manicdeb

Hi everyone,

I wondered if I could get your opinion on the best bread for me to buy. I'd ideally have three slices a day (with beans and a egg or two) and don't think much of the fiddly little lightweight ones such as WW etc. So I guess I'm after the lowest synned full size slices........

Many thanks, Deb

Sorry, it doesn't exist! Bread is the same syns except the weight watcher ones which are flimsy & not worth it! . The warburtons 800g wm loaf is 8 syns for 2 slices, or a healthy b + 2 syns. So you could use your healthy b + 6 syns on it to get 3 slices.

Tbh, you would be better off doing red or green days as you can have 2 healthy b's on those plans. The downside is no meat on green days or carbs on red days if you use both healthy bs on bread

Could you substitute some of the bread for free foods?

Thanks for your posts

Hmmm.....something to go with my favourite cheap, quick n tasty favourite: beans on toast with an egg........perhaps mushrooms....but I don't always have them in and it wouldn't be soo quick. i'll have a think

Well tbh, if you aren't gonna try & do 1/3rd superfree you are unlikely to loose much weight on Slimming World. It's kinda an important part of the plan.

Just add some tomatoes & mushrooms to your beans & cook them all together. Replace one of the slices of toast with the superfree & you'll be saving your syns too.

I use morrisons own brand wholemeal batch loaf full size medium sliced, 2 slices are 62g so i count that as my healthy b choice and I syn any more if I fancy it - I love bread and couldn't not have any and my losses have been really good and consistent. The 1/3 superfree doesn't have to be eaten with every meal, sw just recommend this but it is possible to lose weight on sw without tonnes of superfree, before extra easy the 1/3 superfree guideline didn't exist and people still lost weight on red and green days xx

To clarify, SW recommend 1/3rd superfree with every meal - the point being you replace higher calorie foods with lower calorie ones which still fill you up - hence my suggestion to replace 1 of the 3 slices if toast with some. Whilst you don't have to do it with every meal you should try to do it with as many as you can to ensure you loose weight.

Put it this way. If in a week or two you have not lost any weight ( which I hope doesn't happen!) & you post a food diary on here devoid of superfree with meals, the first but of advice will be to try & eat your 1/3rd superfree!

It's all about choice though. I have never been able to loose without sticking to the superfree 1/3rd for 90% of my meals so I choose to stick to it & have better losses x

Thanks again ladies for your posts

Everyone is different - I've had really good consistent results even though I've not been able to have super free with every single meal I have so i'm happy to keep going this way. I have less than 20 minutes to cook and eat my lunch on certain occaisons so its really handy to have beans on toast with an egg on those days (happy to syn the third slice or see about doing other than EE and I love it soooo much....what is it they call it??? A Paupers delight or something like that :)

I often end up eating lunch at my desk so I've got a food flask & just take leftovers heated up. No cooking time at all x

Back