Britain in a day

jaylou

Gold Member
Anyone watching this?

I'm finding it such an interesting and intriguing programme and it's had me in tears!!!

No I didn't watch it, tell me more, why did it have you in tears?

It was just snippets of random people's lives which they had videod on one day last November.
Was quite emotional - there was a woman getting married, her dad had a brain tumour and had been given 4 weeks to live 6 weeks previously. All he wanted to do was be at her wedding, which he was in the end. It kept flipping back and forth to him. That was sad.

Another story was a woman who had some illness, she didn't say what, and she was saying about how her life wasn't going to be how she'd planned it and that family was so important

There was a woman scattering her dog's ashes into the sea and then she threw a stick in for him to chase (this still fills me with tears now!)

There was a young lad who wanted to diet and no one was going to tell him to eat more as he wanted to wear skinny jeans

A lad who just loved to cycle the canal wherever he wanted, he loved life, it was amazing but he just wanted a boyfriend to share it with

A lady who was just sobbing in a car as she was so lonely

Then just random clips of people waking up etc, one was so funny - someone blasted music out loud and the person in bed went mental, it did make me giggle!!

It was 90 minutes of clips which was quite compelling - and so much better than the football!!!

You should catch it up on BBC iplayer if you have access xx

Back