British MIlitary Fitness

contrarytintagel

Thinking of starting this now and wondered if anyone did this?

I have one stone left to go and will be moving up plans in the next couple of weeks. Current on SS+ so I know it might be hard energy wise at the moment as I do get occasional dizziness. But thought I might eb okay if I start with one class a week and work my way up.

Anyone else done this? I know its a toughy but do get on best with tough workouts (love thai boxing etc) and think it might be the way forward for long term fitness with me.

Would love to hear anyones experiences...

Not sure whether I should tell the instructors about low cal intake as you burn an average of around 640 cals a class...

Sorry never heard of the class, I thought it was a play on BMI!!! As for exercising whilst still on SS or SS+ I would be careful - it is not advised for various reasons - if you have dizzy spells whilst not exercising you may suffer worse when exercising. You need calories in your body to give you the energy to exercise and then to help you recover once done. Plus on the very low cal it can mean your body looks to lean muscle to get fuel which is dangerous (am sure if I am wrong on this someone will advise). Aren't you obliged to tell a class instructor about any issues you might have doing the class either health or injuries? I know a diet might not be classed the same but they might prefer to know?

As you are so close to BMI 25 and if you are moving up soon why don't you move up now onto a higher plan and then add the exercise. I can only imagine that it will help you complete the workout?

But if you feel fine with it who am I to say don't do it - if you do it hope you enjoy it ;)

Thanks for the reply - you've echoed alot of my thoughts... I know I should defo tell instructor but then hear of a lot of people who do aerobics whilst on the lower plans... Might try it and see how I get on, perhaps add a chicken and salad meal into the days I exercise and start off slow, one class a week... My head says I should wait but I'd like to start the same time as my housemate so we have moral support and I also want to get another 7lbs off on ss+ before moving up plans. Typical me, wanting cake and eating it!

Sounds like you are giving it serious thought which is great, perhaps if you do tell the instructor he could give you some leeway in the class until you are eating more calories? Good luck with whatever you do - you will have to give an update if you do go to the class and if it is any good!

I would step up to 1000 or 1200 if you're intent on getting fit and tell the instructor about being on a VLCD previously (1000 and 1200 aren't VLCD).

British Military Fitness is likely to be lotsof circuit training I would have thought. That's what my Dad used to have to do. Star jumps, press ups, sit ups, lunges, squats, sprints etc. I am doing them atm, as using your own body weight is great for fitness training.

I have noticed that without extra calories I've been too tired and I don't think you can build muscle on a VLCD (ask KD, think it was one of her posts I read), so I've increased my intake if I'm exercising heavily. I wasn't doing it at the start though, only since I've got close to BMI 25.

Sounds like you're in a similar situation to me, so it depends what your focus is. I'd love to be 10 stone, but more importantly I want to be superfit for life, as this is a life changing thing, so I'd go with upping my plan and doing the fitness training.
Would rather be 11 stone and super fit, feeling physically and mentally good than 10 stone super slim but no energy. Never thought I'd say that!

Hi

Not actually going to any classes, just doing those sorts of things at home.

I've done squats and lunges from near the beginning, but have only just recently started adding everything else in. I STS this week at WI, but when my measurements were taken I've lost 3.5 inches off my hips in 2 weeks, which I'm really pleased about.

I have gone up to the 810 plan as of today after talking to my CDC. Then the week before my hols I'm going to go up to 1000. I'm no longer bothered if I have a week where the weight doesn't move much, as long as the inches do!

My goal from day one was to get fit rather than to get slim, as I figured that would happen anyway and I'm loving having more energy.

Oh yes we're pretty much the same! How are you finding the classes and the cals?

I did BMF for 2 years when I lived in Cardiff and it was the best form of exercise I HAVE EVER DONE. I absolutely loved it, it was the hardest form of exercise I'd ever encountered. I went from a not being able to run to the end of my street to running constant for 45 mins including doing press ups, squats and jumps etc.. throughout the running. Every lesson was completely different so you never got bored, you got absolutely stinking dirty cos your exercising through mud and sh** in all kinds of weathers. During the winter it was pitch black and freezing which made it even more harder.
It's not for everyone, a friend who was used to going to the gym came and had a trial and it was the worst thing she had ever done, she prefered the comforts and warmth of the gym.

Unfortunately I had to give it up as I moved from Cardiff to Cheshire and the nearest BMF is almost 40 mins away (during rush hour prob 1 hour), too far to go in the evenings when you have 4 children to attend to. I cannot find anything that comes close to BMF.

I really really miss it and if an instructor started a class nearer to me I'd be there in a shot!

i am one stone from goal too and startd exercise 2-3 weeks ago. i feel great in myself when i exerise but the pounds have stopped dropping off, and i am really hugry on the days i exercise. on days i do exercise i have a ss+ day but may slow down a bit this week as although i love the workouts its hard doing it on ss+ and having sts ths week (despite lots of exercise) i would like to lose next week.

nothing better than a bit of exercise to make you feel bette though!

Back