Browsie's battle of the bulge; the final chapter

Browsie

Silver Member
I have been using the main forum for sometime now and recently discovered this sub forum so thought I'd give it a go.

I recently took a bit of a break from SW of 4 wks as I'd hit a brick wall. I've been back for 5 weeks and lost every week until, I fear, now. Had a bad week so need to pull my socks up and get back on it. So from now on I will follow these rules to help me get to where I want to be. I think writing in here every day (or as often as I can will help me!)

So the rules I want to follow are;

1) plan, plan, plan - usually do a weekly meal planner for tea's and then a diary each evening for the next day.

2) drink plenty of water, this is something I tend to start off well then let slip.

3) be honest about having a 3rd of my plate super free with each meal (even on red / green days).

Right think that's enough for one night! Doing a shop tomorrow after weigh in so no excuse. Keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have had too much of a gain. Fingers crossed.

Well just got weighed and I've maintained!! Phew, was so expecting a gain so really happy with that. Bought some scan bran (yuck!) but hoping it'll give me a boost and renewed motivation!

Right so I've decided I'm going to do the scan bran challenge this week. Eating 5 scan bran as my HEXB (or suppose I could syn them!) for at least 5 days.

I've sorted meal plan for the weeks teas and my food diary for tomorrow looks like this;

Green day.

Breakfast: 35g porridge oats HEXB made up with 250ml semi skimmed milkHEXA. With 1 scan bran crumbled into it (part of my 2nd HEXB) and some frozen mixed berries.

Lunch: 4 scan bran (remaining HEXB) with 250ml natural cottage cheese 4.5 syns. With cucumber slices.

Tea: Savoury rice with added veg; mushrooms, onions, peppers, spinach, green beans and carrots.

Snacks are an apple, 2 satsumas, melon, hifi light 3 syns and pack of French fries 4 syns.

May not eat all this but like to be prepared with plenty of SW options so I'm not tempted by anything with twelfty million syns!!

Also need to remember to drink loads so I don't look like I'm about to give birth to a scan bran baby!

Drinks will be no added sugar cordial, mint tea, water and maybe a glass of pepsi max.

11.5 syns for the day.

Yesterday went really well, was full up after my scan bran dinner and just had a satsuma in the afternoon. Although my jaw ached from all the chewing it takes to get down 4 scan bran in one go!!

Didn't have the french fries or the apple yesterday as was so full after dinner so just 7.5 syns.

My youngest son is ill so didnt get much sleep last night or night before as OH working nights. He was much better this morning so keeping him topped up with calpol to keep him temp down. He's at my mums today as I have to work. Would much rather be at home looking after him but needs must. Here's keeping my fingers crossed for a little lotto win!!

Today I am having another green day:

Breakfast: 35g porridge oats HEXB, made up with 250ml semi skimmed milk HEXA. 1 scan bran mixed (part of HEXB) into the porridge and some frozen berries.

Dinner: 4 scan bran Rest of 2nd HEXB (gonna look like desperate Dan with all the chewing!!) With Light Laughing cow HEXA and cucumber.

Tea: Homemade vegi chilli with SW wedges.

Snacks: Hifi Light 3 Syns, Melon, Apple, satsuma and french fries 4syns.

Drinks: mint tea, water and no added sugar coridal - already drank loads of water today, need to get these scan bran shifted!!

Sooooo tired today! My youngest son took a turn for the worst (always happens in middle of night) so i put him in bed with me was awake till 4.30am with him coughing and wriggling about OH on nights and going out later so he's in bed and I'm walking round like a zombie!

Anyway, yesterday the scan bran really started to work their magic! Did give me a bit of bloating and dare I say it *whispers* wind!

Didn't have the hifi light yesterday but did have a second packet of French fries. So that's 8 syns for yesterday.

Decided I can't face all the chewing of 4 scan bran in one go so having a day off the challenge and just having one in my porridge.

Today's menu looks like this:

Red day.

Breakfast: 35g porridge oats HEXB made up with 250ml HEXA semi skimmed milk. With some sweetener and one scan bran 1 syn.

Dinner: bacon, 2 sainsburys be good to yourself Cumberland sausages 1 syn, tomatoes, mushrooms and fry light fried egg x2.

Tea: sainsburys be good to your self low fat cheese (can't remember how much off top of my head but will check before eating!) and ham on a toastie with 57g wholemeal bread (1 1/2 slices of wholemeal hovis) 1/2 slice wholemeal bread 2 syns and some onion.

Having big dinner and light tea today.

4 syns so far. I'm sure there will be more though with the way I'm feeling!!

If anyone has any ideas how I can get these blasted scan bran down please let me know. I've had laughing cow and cottage cheese so far. Was thinking about the cake but would have to eat it all to get all 5 scan bran in and don't think your supposed to do that?!

Thank for reading my ramblings! X

Yesterday wasn't so good! Went for a couple of drinks sat night but cause I was soooo tired they went straight to my head.
Ended up staying up much later than I wanted too so I was dead on my feet yesterday. Had to go back to bed in the afternoon. I wasn't as bad as could have been. Really wanted chocolate but didn't have any in house and couldn't be bothered to go out to get some.

Anyway back on it today. Couldn't face the scan bean so just had one in my porridge.

Breakfast: 35g porridge Oates. Made up with 250ml semi skimmed milk 7.5 syns and 1 scab bran 1 syn.

Dinner: made a frittata with potato eggs spinach onion mushrooms and peppers. Had it with half baby gem lettuce cucumber and beans.

Tea: shepherds pie. 2.5 syns for gravy granules. Extra lean mince potatoes carrots onions cabbage

Hoping to get to gym later to help combat any after effects of yesterday's laziness! Hoping I've not undone all my hard work do far. I may well write down what I had yesterday and syn it might not be as bad as I think! ://

Had another bad day yesterday - chocolate binge :17729: but ive got up today with renewed enthusiasm!! Think I just needed to get that chocolate thought out of my mind and its gone now. So time to carry on the slimming world way. So my diary for today looks like:

Breakfast (no 1!): Half pink grapefruit at home.

Breakfast (No 2!): SW magic pancakes (HEXB 35g porridge oates, 2 eggs, 1 muller and some sweetner) love these they keep me filled up till almost lunch time!

Snack: Melon - cantaloup and another one, can't remember what its called but is wasn't water.

Lunch: Jacket pot with 2 x HEA cheese ( 90g low fat cheese), beans and side salad.

Snack: 1 muller light rasp and cranberry.

Tea (no 1!): Mugshot chicken noddle. I'm at work till 6 then got to go shopping so won't eat till about 9.

Planned tea (no 2!): Batchlors savours rice with veg, mushrooms, peppers, onions, carrots, green beans and spinach and HEXB chicken. Can't remember off hand how much this is but it written on my meal planner at home.

Then I may well have a hifi light with a cuppa before bed. Oh only just realised not had any syns today (apart from the 3 that I'll have with my hifi) hopefully that'll make up for the chocolate binge yesterday. Fingers crossed.

Really proud of myself today as on the end of my desk were some treats from a girl at work who's 30th it is tomorrow. A big chocolate cake, some mini chocolate dipped doughnuts (deep fried and dipped in chocolate yummy!) some tescos rip off milky way and for those of us on SW some curly wurlys! I've resisted them today without too much of a problem. Yay me!:party0011:

So not updated my diary for a while, probably because I've not been too good. Sooooo annoying!! I'm really trying to put the thoughts of christmas out of my mind for a while. I tend to think 'well I've put a couple of lbs on over the past couple of weeks, its coming upto Christmas I'll put on then so no point in doing it now!!!'

Well I'm going to answer myself with ' you need to get your bum back on the wagon, this is a lifetime thing not just a quick fix. I will stick to SW 100% as much as I can upto and including Christmas (limit the damage not increase it!). I will not binge, I will eat sensibily, I will complete my food diary every day,. I willl, I will, I WILL!!

My planned food for today is:

Breakfast: 57g wholemeal toast, 2 tsp jam (2 syns)

Snacks: Banana and chinese mug shot (really hungry this morning!)

Dinner: Salmon fillet, new pots, lettuce, cucumber, tesco light honey mustard dressing 2 tbsps (1 syns)

Snack: 2 x clementines and an apple.

Tea: Prawn pasta made with tinned toms, garlic, peppers, mushrooms, onions and herbs. With HEAX cheese on top.

Snack: hifi light (3 syns)

This is day 1 back on track.

Browsie I literally could have wrote that post myself! I stopped doing my diary on here prob about a month ago, ive faltered around the same weight, just had good days and such binge days. I too keep thinking oh god oh god oh god, Christmas is going to make me pile on the lbs, so I keep asking myself why I let it go to pot already when there's still 2 weeks to go. I am going to try and be angelic for the next 2 weeks for damage limitation! I hope I dont put much on, I will try my best. Can resist everything except temptation as they say, but even sticking to plan whilst having treats is better than going off plan altogether! Good luck x

HI glitterbubble, It's so hard fighting your own mind all the time!! We can do it together, 2 wks is not that long and we will feel so much better knowing that we have tried our best rather than just letting go. I'd rather try and STS than think sod it and regret not trying when I'm a few lbs heavier at christmas.

Good luck to you too!! xx

OH txt me while still at work and said didn't have all ingredients to make the pasta so we had SW chips and beans instead. Decided to switch to green and have 2x HEXA cheese on my chips and the salmon as HEXB.

Got weigh in tomorrow AM. Know I won't have lost and tempted to give it a miss but I'm going to really try and be 100% so want to see my hard work reflected in the scales next week. Fingers crossed!!

Well I never. Only went and lost 1.5 lb!! Shocked! Just goes to show you should always go to group no matter what. Makes me more determined to stick to it and get a couple more of before the xmas festivities.

So my menu for tomorrow:

Breakfast: magic porridge (HEXB) with strawberries and half tbsp golden syrup (1 syn)

Lunch: homemade chicken and veg soup. With carrots, spinach, green beans and onion

Tea: shepherds pie with veg. 1 tbsp gravy granules (2.5 syns)

Snacks: banana, 2 clementines, FF yogurt, 8 olives (1 syn) hifi light bar (3 syns)

7.5 syns for the day, so far!

Isn't it funny how I only seem to post when I've been really good or really bad!

Well I've been really bad, my week has been ok but you know when you don't really know how you've done? You've had a good week but little things have crept in that you haven't counted then you start to thinking well I haven't lost and its only 3 days to weight in so I might as well pack it in for this week and start afresh after that.

That's what I thought last night, didn't think I'll have lost so went upstairs and opened a box of chocs from Christmas that I'd put away to give to someone for a birthday. A box of thornton's caramel moments, 'I'll only have a couple' I thought. Next time I looked the whole box had gone!!! Then a packet of french fries 'not too bad, low syns crisps' try 2 bags! Then 'oh well blown it now might as well have one of this choc digestives I've been soo good at avoiding' hmm or maybe 6!!

Feel sooooo horrible today, don't want to go to weigh in cause I'm convinced I've put about 3 lbs on, at least! But I know if I don't go I'll just carry on troughing!

Oh poor little me! So I've decided to write down everything I eat BEFORE it goes in my mouth, even if I'm having a binge, I'm going to be honest with myself and face upto the fact that I need to stop listerning to the little fatty voice in my head - I WILL NOT GIVE IN TO YOU!!! Gosh I sound like I've got a split personallity - I haven't I don't think!!

Food for today, green day.

Breakfast: 74g w/meal bread 1 HEXB + 1.5 syns. 2 boiled eggs 2 tbsp Tom sauce 2 syns.

Dinner: homemade veg soup & muller yogurt

Snack: French fries 4.5 syns.

Tea: SW chips, beans, cheese 30g HEXA, 1 tbsp light Mayo 2 syns.

9 syns so far! I've got a HEXA & B left so cheese on toast later if I need it.

Got weighed this morning and put on 1lb. Only 1 but it's taken me back up to 11 st so I'm a little bit gutted determined to have 100% week. Completed yesterday and on track for today here's my menu.

Green day:

Breakfast ( at weigh in); hifi light bar 1/2 HEXB. Will have other one after tea.

Dinner: jacket spud with 2x 40g low fat cheese 2 x HEXA. Beans and 1 tbsp low fat Mayo 2 syns.

Tea: savoury rice with veg - green beans, carrots, mushrooms, onions and garlic. Other hifi light to complete HEXB.

Just been to Costco and a tiny piece of pancake with nutella on it jumped into my mouth! No idea how many syns so going to count 5 and hope that's going over.

7 syns so far today.

Day 3 of being 100% yay!!

Today I had a red day:

Breakfast: porridge HEXA & B. With 1 scan bran 1 syn and 1/2 tbsp of morrisons syrup 1 syn.

Snack: ham and fresh fries 4 syns

Dinner: mackerel salad with lettuce cucumber radish and beetroot

Snack: more ham 2 softmints 2 syns

Tea: stew with 200g new pots HEXB gravy 3 syns. Cabbage green beans carrots.

Snack: hifi light 3 with a cup of mint tea.

14 syns for the day

Right then!! I'm back!

You might have read in the main forum that I have stopped going to classes as I was faffing about sooooo much and not getting anywhere. So I decided on a change of focus, this being exercise and have signed up for race for life 5K. While the training for this is going well the eating is still all over the place and I've managed to put 5 lbs on.

So I thought I'd resurect my diary on here and you can all keep me motivated!!

I did really well yesterday on EE but then completely ruined it at night with a stoooopid binge. I had a pack of wositis, some jelly sweets, 2 sticks of time out and a break away biscuit. Boo me!

So I am holding myself accountable from now on. My first rules are:

1) Stick to bloody slimming world, you fool!!
2) Drink plenty of water, especially when the muchies strike.
3) Keep up with the exercise.
4) write before I bite (think this is the main problem, if I don't write it down BEFORE I eat it then it doesn't get wrote down and therefore doesn't count!

I will try and post my daily food on here as well. So today is a red day:

Breakfast: Magic pancakes with strawberries, HEXB.

Snacks: pear and cransticks (not eaten together)

Lunch: Mackerell salad with lettuce, cucumber, red cabbage and beetroot.

The Planned for tea is pork chop and veg with gravey 2 1/2 syns.

I have a desk full of pears, apples and bananas and cool bag with yogurts. If it comes to it I also have low syn crisp and an alpen baf.

So here goes, wish me luck!!! Also please feel free to comment to corect me on syns values or plan changes or just to say hi!

Yesterday I stuck to plan!!! Whoohoo!!! Today will be day 2 100%.

Green day today.

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, 1 tbsp of tom sauce, 1 syn, 2 slices wholemeal bread from 800g loaf, 1 HEXB and 1 1/2 syns. 2 cups mint tea.

Dinner: left over spag bol. Going to count the mince in it for my 2nd HEXB, there is not much of it and the sauce has loads of veg in it so hoping this will be ok? Spaghetti.

Tea: Not sure, thinking of jacket pot with Cheese HEXA and salad and maybe some beans depending how hungry I am!

For snacks I have 2x pears, an apple and banana and some muller light yogurts. I also have an alpen bar and low syn crisp if time get desperate. I am trying not to have too many syns in the day so that I have some for the evening which is my danger time. Hoping this will stop me going completely off plan and binging as I can have a snack without blowing the syns!! Finger crossed.

So I'm back, AGAIN!!!

I stopped going to class a couple of months ago as I wasn't getting anywhere. Didn't want to call target, but didn't want to pay to STS. What a disaster that was! I have put about a stone back on. Non of my clothes fit me and I'm totally fed up. I was diagnosed with depression in Jan and am on meds, I have started to drink more than usual since this time which in turn is making me eat crap as I'm tired and hungry for crap the morning after the night before!

I am stopping drinking on week nights, as I used to, and then have agreed to just have a drink at the weekend with my OH who works shifts so he is off alternate Fri / Sat.

It was my birthday yesterday and being a little hungover I stuffed my face, We had pizza and cheesey garlic bread and the most wonderful gooey chocolatey cake. But I didn't really enjoy it because I knew it would just be another day I'd be away from getting to my target.

Starting afresh today, really need to do it. My OH was also doing SW but has fallen off the wagon with me, but we have made a pact to do it together and support each other. We are going to Manchester for the weekend as part of my birthday celebrations, we have agreed that we are going to try and be seneible and choose better options while eating out without feeling deprived.

I am doing EE today, my menu looks like this:

Breakfast: 35g Porridge oates HEXB 250ml semi skimmed milk HEXA. Banana. Mint tea

Lunch: Red salmon, new pots, lettuce, cucumber, rasdish and beetroot.

Tea: Homemade spagetti bolegnese. With tinned toms, onions, peppers, garlic and mushrooms.

For snacks: oranges, FF yogurts, 16 olives (2 syns) and Jelly I think this is 1 1/2 syns per sachet so I'm going to count 1/2 syn . I have a couple of boxes of Thorntons chocolates in the fridge from my birthday, so I'm going to save some syns so I can have a few of these with a cuppa tonight. Thinking they will be 2-3 syns each, think I'll count 3 to be on the safe side.

I will do this, I have said this before but I can't carry on as I am.

Back