Step 1 Sole Source Buddies needed for return to sole source!!!

Hi now.

yes 2 dress sizes is definitely achievable, do you know how you weighed when you was a size 16? You have 3 months in that time you could loose 3 stone or more by sticking to ss 100%! Mind you today I'm in such a **** mood I could quite easily give up! But I won't allow myself!
good luck nia, we can do this! Xx

13 lbs?!?!?! That really is amazing! Well done Theresa!

Skinnybean2b, I don't really know what I weighed when I was a size 16.... I know I was a 12/14 and 12 St 3 going to uni 9 years ago. That's my ideal long term goal. I am thinking maybe 14 st 7 lbs to 15 st would be a very ambitious target by Easter! Still - 1st weigh in on Monday morning... before work.

Does anyone know what drinks I can have without disrupting ketosis? I've been warned about avoiding coffee / fizzy drinks. What about squash or Green tea?

Thanks -x-

Oh kayecl I was starving yesterday! Very nearly caved in but so glad I didn't!

nia- that is definitely achievable in 3 months! Just stick to it 100% and you will see. Is this your first time on Cambridge? Are you doing ss+? You can have tea (not fruit herbal), peppermint or green, coffee, water flavourings from your cd, but not much else! I have a diet coke but only as a treat. My weigh in is Monday too! Let us know how you get on!
Xx

Yes I didn't cave but have a feeling these next couple days and the weekend are going to be a real challenge! Family tea today where I will probably tell them I'm on this. Don't think it will go down too well but I really just want to loose about 1.5 stone and I know I can do it over a month or two on this. I really am struggling to see though how you keep up this 100% for weeks on end! Feel like im alwayas going to cheAt! Any inspiration and support? Ladies hope your all doing well - massive well done to looses this week and those who have stayed on Ss x

Hi Kayecl,

As far as I'm concerned pain relief should be fine - though I have found drinking more water normally helps my dizziness / headaches. I think it's amazing that people can stick to this diet so rigidly for such a long time... but am really hoping that I find the strength to do the same. I plan to do up to half term without cheating at all.... then maybe go to my friend's hen party weekend (depending on money and how much weight I've lost) then go the next half term to Easter without cheating, but I do realise this is a HUGE ask for me. I'm a teacher - what do you do? I tried cambridge before but only lasted 16 or 17 days May 2011 before our wedding. I stopped it for a meal and night out and never found the strength to start again. Hoping I do much better this time.

I am keeping my Cambridge diet a secret from family and friends.... I'm not sure how long I will be able to keep it so - but I'm trying. I told everyone today that I was doing a detox - no caffine, no alchohol etc.... most people are on some kind of health kick in January - so I'm sure if you wanted to keep it a secret you could. My family would say the same thing - 'just eat healthily and do exercise'. I agree - this is a good plan, however I have a lot of weight to lose in a short amount of time.

Skinnybeam2b - In reply to your question, I am doing sole source (3 soups or shakes a day). Thanks for the advice on drinks.... my husband has gone to the shop for me now to buy peppermint and green tea to try. Is their a limit on these do you think? Or is it however many I like? Had a sneaky look on the scales this morning and seem to have lost a bit. Will post Monday for acutal week 1 weight loss. Keep it up! -x-:p

I'm doing well. First weigh in tomorrow morning.... fingers crossed. Have started drinking green tea and peppermint tea which is helping. Will try and drink more green than peppermint next week. I'm also drinking a good 3 litres or more of cold water every day. I went for a walk today - am determind to go for a swim or do zumba or something more active next week.

How about you? How are the rest of you getting on ladies? -x-

Very disappointed with myself I cheated tonight. So upset have to start all over again and go through the first few days all over again :-( any advice. Also feel like I've put on all that I lost 5(5poinds 5days) and it will take me 5 days again to loose it - am so upset can't believe it

oh kayecl! was you really naughty? I had a cup of tea last night and one biscuit! oooppps! must have just fell into my mouth!

I had my WI this morning and 11lbs off in a week, very pleased with that as i did ss+ for 2 days.

nia- i dont think there is a limit as its just water really, i have 3 black teas with sweetex on a normal day. but did have a skinny latte on saturday but my CD said that was ok as an occasional treat.

xx

So I dot want to lie I had

Apple and peanut butter. I don't eat chocolate so that's my version! Yogurt 0% and honey. And cottage chese
Not terrible but means I'm out of ketosis and feel
I've ruined all I have done this last week :-(

thats not the end of the world, you dont have to be in ketosis to lose weight! when is your WI? I felt like going off plan the whole weekend, i was so bloody fed up!! could you maybe try and do ss+ if your struggling without food? you can have cottage cheese on that! I had a lovely dinner last night of seabass, spinach and runny egg, maybe if you allowed yourself a small meal you would cope better?

xx

Hey everyone I restarted Cambridge yesterday its my second time. In 2009 I lost 3.5 stone in 9 weeks and 4 by end of 12 weeks. I maintained well until mid summer 2010 when I had my gall bladder removed, the weight gradually crept on by about 2 stone. In mid 2012 I lost my job via redundancy and am still struggling to find a suitable position, I had a court case with my ex over my child who he never sees and to top it off my gran passed away. I was diagnosed with depression in september 2012. I am now 7 stone heavier than when I last finished Cambridge and 5 has been put on in 12 months! I really need to have your support as all my friends and family think that the diet is a waste of time but I know it works. Yesterday went really well and I stuck to my soups and shakes. Today so far so good and I've just downloaded a hypnosis mp3 to help me stay on track! Never used one before! Anyway I always struggle with the water has anyone any tips? Thanks and best wishes to you all xx

Hi jody! Welcome!
im so sorry to hear about you eventual stressful few years! My life is similar to eastenders sometimes so know where you are coming from!!
im on week 2 ATM, and doing ss+ now, feels like I'm building a healthy relationship with good rather than just surviving without it. In terms to water, do you like black tea or coffee? I have 3 cups of black tea a day and its a great way to up your water!
xxx

Hi skinny bean, thanks for the tip I've had blood coffee today which has made it a bit easier, I'm now on day 3 and I have stuck to SS only so far, feeling good that I've managed a third day without temptation, and thinking I've made it easier by turning my choc mint shake into a hot drink which I save til about 7pm. My boyfriend has just given up smoking so he's constantly stuffing his face but I seem to be coping well. I keep looking at my photos from last time I did SS to keep me focused! Just booked a haven holiday in Essex in late March so I will use that for my first target as there's no way I'm getting in a swimming pool looking like this! The hypnosis download is really good And that's coming from a sceptic! Also looked into body contouring to help lose some inches. So far so good just hope I keep this up once the headaches start. What does everyone do in terms of going out at weekends and drinking? Last time I didn't go out for 9 weeks so I'm not sure what I can do to get round this as don't want too many people knowing yet.

Anyway sorry for rambling on..........how is everyone else getting on?

Well done Nia that must be a huge boost! Almost a stone that's fantastic! X

Back