Step 1 Sole Source Buddies needed for return to sole source!!!

Getting frustrated this week - have not cheated but have not yet lost any weight and I'm over half way through the week. I started my period today - how much can this add to the weight on the scales? Any ideas? Also feel huge and bloated and generally disgusting... Boo Hoo! -x-
P.S: How are you all getting on?

Hiya Nia!

I am at end if week 3 and feel exactly the same as you! I am usually weighed sat am, but was weighed thurs pm this week and only lost 2. I haven't cheated once, but feel my weight loss has been affected by time if the month. Think we just need to keep going and expect a greAt loss next week. Like any diet a pattern will soon form and we will be able to see what's what! Stick at it!! Xxxx

New to this site and thought I would join for a little bit of support and inspiration.
Hope I am posting this properly haha!!!

I am a returner to cambridge (2nd time) and have been on ss for 1 week. Not looking forward to weigh in tomo as I have been picking and snacking and throwing myself out of ketosis. I really don't know why I do this and I am aware of it but I just can't control it. I know I have lost weight, but at the same time I am reflecting on how much happier I could have been tomo and how once again I am wasting my hard earned cash.
I totally intend to go tomo and I refuse to give up.

I really am my own worst enemy......rant over!!!!

Hi Frau Frau,

I went to the ball thing last night for Burns Night and had a lovely time. Wore a new black dress and felt quite nice in it. No-one commented that I'd lost any weight though! Still - felt nicer than I have for a while despite the relatively small weight loss so far.

Totally cheated big style though, drank wine and champagne and whiskey and port .... ate haggis + casserole, as part of the 7 course dinner and I loved every minute of it! I don't even have that horrible guilty feeling as this was a planned cheat night, not a last minute lack of motivation cheat night! Am strangely looking forward to Cambridge sole source again from tomorrow and have a clear 3 weeks with no cheat nights planned. Next break will be February half term. Am getting through sole source by chunking time to the next cheat weekend.

What kind of weekend have you had? Must be better than mine! Also how much weight do you want to lose and by when? When did you start SS? I will be starting week 4 on Monday. Have done 3 full weeks (plus cheat this weekend).

Frau Frau - BTW it's lovely having the company and support in doing this diet with you! Keep up your good work - I'll get back on it Monday!

Nia! Your night out sounds wonderful and I bet you looked gorgeous! I think you are doing exactly the right thing by not getting down about cheating - at the end of the day it's real life and one night out it blip isn't going to wreck the whole thing. Much better to be in control and know you are going off cambridge than just to think one night "stuff this" and eat a bag of chips! I have lost 17.5lb so far and have a good 3 stone to go- maybe more if I can stick it! I ideally would like to be about 11 and a half stone but would feel a lot better at 12 and a half so might stick at that ( I literally have clothes from a 12 to a 20 in my wardrobe, such a serial yoyo dieter I am! Like you I am using school as a help with my targets- hoping to have lost 1.5 stone by feb half term and 2.5 by Easter. I am hoping to do ss or ss+ until Easter and then move up a step for a bit of food. Something else- I think you sometimes have to drop 2-3 stone before people really start to notice, so try not to be disheartened that nobody commented on you in your slinky black number! Having a good week 4 so far but have a trip to London for a conference sun- mon so just gonna do the best I can! Have a good week chick!! Xxxxx

Hi Joanne! Only just seen your post! Welcome to our chat!
I did cambridge half heartedly last year and know exactly what you mean about self-sabotage. With me the things I was cheating with were so minute compared with what I used to eat normally it didn't seem fair that my weight losses were so small, but that's the thing with ss isn't it, there's so little room for error! I have been bang on since 7th jan and dropped 17.5 lb. I have spent about five times that but I know if I had been cheating I would not have lost much at all! Try having one good day, then make it 2 and you will soon be on your way! Good luck xx

Hi Joanne, Nice to chat to you too! You'll get the hang of it soon enough. Cambridge is not an easy diet but it does seem to have fantasitc results. I think it does get much easier after 10 days.

I have to admit that Fraufrau is having more luck than me at not cheating but am quite happy with the progress I've made so far. You and I are very similar Fraufrau - I also have everything in my wardrobe from a 12 to a 20 and am also a yoyo dieter. I feel like this is it though... or at least I hope so. I also feel I would be good to get to 11.5 or 12 though to be honest - anything less than 13 would be a great goal for me right now. Am expecting very little weight loss next Monday due to my huge weekend cheating - but you never know, it's still 7 days away isn't it!

Keep up the good work - and keep in touch, will chat again soon. I think I have finished TOTM today so that might help my weight loss next week! -x-

Exactly Nia- you can do a lot if good in a week and you will most likely be back in ketosis by tomorrow and in the fat burning zone! I can't believe how similar we are!! It's really comforting though like you said to have someone to share stuff with! I tend to come on minimins at night up take my mind off food- it's not like I am hungry, I just LOVE eating! Anyway will plough on with my marking and get ready for embarrassing fat bodies! Must say that it's good having something weight-related on telly too!! Every little helps! Talk soon Nia xxxx

Hi Fraufrau,

I have had a good couple of days in terms of dieting though have had to phone in sick to work with flu yesterday, today and already made the call for tomorrow too. Hope I can make it in on Friday as I hate being ill and also am beginning to feel like a caged animal in the flat! Also have a party on Friday night that I don't want to miss. Though - not eating or drinking it may be easier just not to bother going at all. Well done on your boxercise - I haven't tried any real exercise as yet.... a few swimming sessions and that's about it. I have borrowed the 30 day shread dvd to try but haven't mustered the strength to try it once yet. I have a wii which I put batteries into ready for use. Once I have conquered this flu - excercise must be the next thing on the list.

I weighed this morning and have put on 2 lbs with my weekend of indulgence - Have decided not to dwell on it and am determined not to cheat until official weigh in on Monday morning. Still 5 days to go to put it right. Am also STILL struggling with TOTM which I thought was over and done with - I hope that'll also have an impact by next Monday. Let me know how you are getting on - Love and Hugs. -x-

Hi Nia!

Like you I am also usually fighting fit, but have come home feeling pretty dreadful tonight with a runny nose and achey bones. I am trying to tell myself I am just aching from exercise yesterday but I am worried I might be coming down with something too!
That 2lb gain will just be your glycogen pot filling up- I reckon if you stay on track you will still be able to go to weigh in with a 3lb loss on Monday! My next weigh in is on Sat, so I am hoping for about 3 myself.
Hope you start to feel better and have a good day tomorrow xxxxxx

Hey Frau Frau,

I'm sure you will reach your -3lbs. I weighed today and have lost the extra 2lbs I had put on so have 4 days to lose some more! As long as I lose something every week and don't go up on official weigh in days (Monday morning) then I am happy.

I am back in work tomorrow which will help my dieting as it's hard to be at home from work and not eating! I have shown real will power this week - Ill and home and still not cheating! Roll on Monday and then it's only 2 weeks until half term! Yee Haa! Hope you don't come down with something as it's not nice being ill and certainly harder on the diet front! I made a chocolate fudge cake today to take to that party tomorrow night and I haven't even tasted it! I may very well have used salt instead of sugar and I wouldn't know!

Still - I have a planned cheat 1st weekend half term as am back in the Uk for my friend's hen weekend. That's going to be my next cheat. After half term I will try and go to the weddings at Easter without a cheat (though it is a big ask!). Tried on 1 of the wedding outfits I want to wear at Easter - I could zip it up just about but def no room for a bra and no room to breathe! Way to go yet then but we're on the right track!

Nia- we are do alike sometimes it is freaky! I made a choc fudge cake tonight too edged in cadburys fingers and topped with maltesers and have also resisted sampling it!! I did accidentally lick my finger but am hoping that wont do any damage! I am still feeling a bit achey, but much better than yesterday!!
Well done for losing your 2lb- that will be your glycogen store emptying and bet you will be back in ketosis tomorrow!! I think you have a great outlook! It is my boyfriend's birthday tomorrow, so going out drinking (water) and dancing. Curry sat night- I am thinking chicken tikka dry and salad and then off to London sun afternoon. I may have a little slip, but will be right back on track after my conference on Monday. Have a good day tomorrow and well done for being good while ill!
Xxxx

Hi Frau Frau,

I hope your weekend was wonderful! I seriously miss London and the Uk! Sounds like a very nice weekend to me.

It's lovely to have met someone so similar - hope we keep in touch post weight loss! That party on Friday was cancelled so I went to another friend's birthday but I was good and I didn't drink. However - I made up for it on Saturday night and got absolutely **** faced. I didn't mean to but it had been ages since I'd drunk and it hit me for 6! Had a great time though. Back on the straight and narrow from Monday morning.

Weighed Saturday and -4lbs which was great. Another 4 lbs to go to reach 2 stone! How is your weight loss going? -x-

Hi Nia!!

You are doing really really well!! Well done you!!

I lost another 4lb too on Saturday at weigh in, which is 21.5 lb in total, so was really pleased with that! Went a bit off track in London Sunday and Monday, but have been 100% again as of yesterday, so hope to have got rid of what I might have gained. Did a bit if boxercise last night and going to something called red hot yoga tonight, so hoping that it will all even itself out by weigh in on sat!!

How has your week been going so far? Xxxx

Rubbish week - am failing miserably! Might do some healthy eating for a day or two and get myself motivated again. I had lost a total of 24lbs but I imagine I'm putting that back on as we speak. Am going to healthy eat until after the hen as I have lots of stuff going on over the next week etc.... and get back on it from Feb 19th when I get back from London.

This week has been my worst week, but then we have done it for a month now, so I suppose the novelty has worn off a bit. This is my third day of being good, so hoping to break even this week at best! You know how well you can do when your head is in the right place! I will let you know how I get on on Saturday and remember I am always here if you need a pep talk!! Don't give up!! Xxx

Don't give up :) Keep going and you can always find motivation on here theres far more reasons to do it than not to do it! It also helps to write them down and look at them. Keeps you motivatied xxx

Back