Buddy needed... New to SW!

Princess-Jader

Hi there,
Went to my very first SW meeting last Tuesday. I haven't began properly as need to go shopping to stock up on chicken breast, pasta etc! Hoping to begin properly on the upcoming Tuesday good and proper!

I could really do with a proper close set of buddies who are going through the same thing. I am hoping to lose about 5-6 stone as my long term goal but taking it a pound at a time :)

Basics are: I am 20 years old, started at 16 stone 7 and now currently weigh 15 stone 10 (and have done for 3 weeks :( ) by cutting down and want to be at around 11 stone eventually.

I look forward to meeting buddies :)

Jade

Hi Jade,

I am currently finishing my third week of sw and have a similar goal to you. I started at 16st 2lbs, and have lost 6.5lbs so far (weighing in tonight so hoping to have lost a little more). I also want to be around 11 stone, and it'd be good to have someone to talk to who's on a similar path.

Good luck getting everything started properly soon, and I'll look forwards to following your weight-loss (and hopefully losing along side you!)

Katy

Thanks Katyloola and Jessie15 :) will be good to support each other along the way and hopefully lose weight each week together. Wow congrats Katyloola, that's amazing, let me knnow how you get on with weigh in tonight! :D Im off food shopping soon to stack up on pasta etc lol. Good luck to both of you :) when you both hoping to reach your goal? Im off to disneyland paris with my fiance in april 2011 so would like to have lost some by then hehe

I'd like to lose the weight yesterday(!), but will try to be realistic and give myself a year. A year has always seemed like such a long time, but as I've gotten bigger and bigger as each year has passed, I feel like I could have done something about it by now if I'd realised there were no quick fixes, and if i'd given it a year 3 years ago, I'd already be slim! I'm not feeling too optimistic for tonight's weigh-in, as I've had a funny week and missed quite a few meals - but if I can lose 1/2lb I'll still be happy as I'll get my 1/2 stone award. Then I'm going to make sure I'm 100% on plan next week, and hopefully get a good loss again.

I must say I think sw is amazing. I've done it a few times in the past but without any real commitment (still with good results), but now that I'm serious about losing this weight, I think the sw plan is fantastic. I'm thinking differently about food and can see this being a way of life for me. It seems so easy, as nothing is forbidden. I'm sure I'll have some hiccups along the way - but I'm positive I'm going to get slim this time!

Katy

Yeah I know what you mean about the end goal feeling so far away but a year will come round so fast! I'm not expecting a quick fix and I want it to become my way of life because a diet isn't just for now, it's a change of lifestyle! Awww, got my fingers crossed for your loss to ensure you get your 1/2 stone award :D Yeah deffo expect some hard times but will get there in the end :)

I'm sure you'll be able to get a good chunk of weight off by your holiday too. It's good to have something to work towards!

Back