buddy wanted xxxx

cyprusbride

Hi everyone, i am looking for a buddy to team up with to help with weight loss. I am going to start 2mrw 8/9/08 and need to be focused for my wedding in 6 weeks time. I promise to be a good buddy back.

Laura xx

Hmm, think it's either quiet today or you and I are talking to ourselves in our posts lol!

I am 'restarting' tomorrow and will happily be supportive of you if you like?

Yeee Hi jabbathehut and yappy.
My name is Laura, im 25 and weigh about 18 stone yikes!!!
Yappy how are you getting on? Are you in ketosis yet?
Jabbathehut, you have done amazing so far, what are your secrets? xx

My name is Sarah and I'm 26. So far so good. I haven't dared check for ketosis yet - I plan to check in the morning, though curiosity might get the better of me and I might test later! I'm feeling ok. I'm glad I started fri so I had the weekend at home whilst I was doing it. Back to work tomorrow and that will be a challenge. I'm on SS, which plan are you both doing?

Hi Sarah, im going to do ss. I know when i got into it the last time, i knew when i was in ketosis. I felt nowhere near as hungry as I had been and I had a lot more energy. I am so glad ive got a buddy though. can you private mail yet? I start work at 3 so dont think im not speaking I just cant. Can you get on the site at work?

I can't pm yet, but I'm working on my posts so should hopefully be able to by the end of the day. I can get on this site at work - it's strange as most forums and public boards are blocked - not that I'm complaining. I just realised - you're getting married! Are you all ready for it?

good luck yappy & cyprusbride! im on day 6 and alls going well.xx

i feel g8 now but 1st 3 days were bad as i had very bad headaches and freezing cold! but all thats gone now so really happy.xx

Brilliant :) I've been colder than normal but no headaches as yet. I have got slight back and leg aches though. Could this be down to ss? It's nothing that isn't being fixed by the painkillers so not enough to get me down :) x x

i had that aswell but not anymore!

just doing the family a roast! how stupid am i!! but im in and out of the kitchen till i dish up then i will do the washingup while they eat.xx

Hiya! I've got my first weigh-in tomorrow and looking for a buddy that's getting weighed around the same time of the week as me so I guess when you get your first weigh in next week I'll be getting my second one. Will be more than happy to be your support buddy if you like. :)

Xx

No tips really other than to stick with it! Some days are really hard, but you have to remain focussed.
I did myself a little motivational chart which I hung on the cupboard in the kitchen where the 'goodies' usually go, with my goals and reasons for losing weight written on it in big marker pen.
Whenever I felt like cheating I looked at my son and thought of all the things that we could do when I lost some weight, and more importantly, thought about how I would feel if my 'morbid obesity' caused me to die before I could see him grow up.

I lost almost 3 stone and have had the past couple of weeks 'off' as my hubby (who is in the forces) has been home for a couple of weeks. He flies off again on Thursday and so tomorrow I am back on the SS wagon. Hopefully I'll drop another 2-3 stone between now and Christmas, when my reward will be a wonderful holiday in Florida at Disneyworld, and a fab shopping spree in their malls.

Good luck with it, just think of that fab wedding dress and the look in your fella's eyes as he sees you walking down the aisle. xxx

Last edited:
bum! having one of those days, sorry, ignore this!

HI good luck....I am also restarting tomorrow as I was meant to start last week but a) my mum insisted in taking us out for a meal (it was nice) and then my mum in law did a meal last night cos her my father in law is home for the week as he works abroad!!!!!!!
So tomorrow here i come x

i had 1 of those days to but have got over it!!

Back