Budget

Nightwolf

I'm looking for about 5 really good budget meals, for tea times, anyone got any suggestions? some cheap and cheerful stuff.

We have baked potatoes, beans and cheese, pasta with tinned tomatoes and any veges in the fridge, omelette and SW chips. Also i try to buy the cheapest versions of things when i'm having a budget week.

I don't know what day you are following - for Green I used to have Tuna, Pasta, Sweetcorn or Quick Risotto (Batchelors Savoury Rice cooked with froz veg mixed in - YUM) and what has already been posted.
RED days are not so easy to keep budgeted (trust me I have that problem!) - I suppose these are the cheapest meals for Red - Gammon Rounds (£1 for 2) with HEB Chips and 'fried' Egg, Corned Beef Hash (about 4 syns), Tin Stewed Steak mixed with Carrots and Green Beans, Meat Quiche...... like I said - RED days are harder for keeping within a budget..............wish I could do Green days again! :(

Jill

Why is it you can't do green days Jill?

Nightwolf - For green days pasta and potatoes are your friend :)

How about mixed veg and quorn mince or a sachet of beanfeast - not of the syns of these though), add a tin of chopped tomatoes and stick in a casserole dish. Slice some potatoes on top like a hotpot and spray with frylight.

Just before the end of cooking you could add a HEa of grated cheese :)

Well i went to lidl the other day and their double pack of bacon was half price £1.40 and their spaghetti was 22p. You could have a tomato and garlic and herb sauce with bacon and spaghetti x

Bean chilli- really cheap and tasty and free on green days. I use about 3 different tinned beans (cannellini, haricot, baked, chick peas, flagelot, etc) 1 tin of tomatoes, an onion, garlic, chilli powder, seasoning and serve with rice, topped with some fat free yoghurt- lovely!
x

Back