Buffet/party food ideas?

Kater-tater

Gold Member
Im planning on making a ww freindly buffet for my 21st birthday, only for 4 of us but am going to make loads anyway!!!

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for recipes/etc that would work as party food??

I have lots of things i am already going to do but wondered if anyone had any genious sugestions!:rolleyes:

If you wanted to be dead lazy ;) The Iceland Party Food range is really good points wise :)

pinapple and cheese triangles on sticks? or ham and wafer thin pinapple on sticks?

ww cookies?

get some tesco mini pizzas and cut each one into four fingers to make pizza fingers for 1pt each...

make some colslaw with extra light mayo...

cook some vol au vents (1.5pt) and fill with mushrooms in a extra light philly sauce

I know...and alot easier but its not as fun is it? :)

Ideas i already have:

Sticky bbq cocktail sausages
prawn skewers
mini pizzas
ham cuppped mini quiches
filo pastry volovants with various fillings
stuffed baby tomatos and mushrooms
chicken wings
homemade tortilla chips with homemade dips
mini cupcakes
rainbow jelly bites

make some chinese vegetable rolls/indian samosas with filo pastry (0.8pts per sheet)

Sweet pastry shells 1.5pts each and you could make little fruit tarts...

Chilli and curry!!!
i make loads for parties and goes down a treat!
dead easy to make and shove in oven
goon on points too :)

Marinated chicken pieces on sticks
Crudites w/low fat dips e.g. using l/f creme fraiche and herbs/flavouring (ASDA do their own spice-pots, one of them is tomato and herb couscous flavouring which, mixed into creme fraiche/fromage frais and left to develop for an hour tastes yummy and hardly any points)
Mini yorkies w/tiny bit of meat on
Mini homemade turkey burgers
Bruschetta w/0 pt veg on
Veggie kebabs
Home-popped popcorn

mmm, veggie kebabs - I love having those when we have a BBQ! I marinade the veggies in soy sauce, ginger and loads mixed spices and pepper - so yummy!

coule make little risotto pots....thats low in pts

Back