Bullion?

sal210707

Is that stock? Gravy? Do you just add a teaspoon to water? Isn't it full of salt? Soup? Bit dumb here!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi
I wondered exactly the same! don't know exactly what it is but its with the gravies in supermarkets, and yes you just add a teaspoon to hot water and yes it is full of salt! You can get a reduced salt version of Marigold Boullion if you want. Basically it tastes to me like clear chicken noodle soup (without the noodles, obvs!) and I find it really helpful if I'm having a savoury craving. You can also add a tiny bit (less than half a teaspoon) to the soups if you have them to improve the flavour :D

Sounds interesting!

I bought some of the marigold/veg one of these after reading about it satisfying the craving for savoury things (i can't stand the soups!). However, when I opened it I made the mistake of taking a big sniff...yuk, have put myself off trying it now!
Can I just ask does the salt in this make you retain water? Don't want to try it before my weigh in on Tuesday just in case.

What it smells like and what it tastes like are two completely different things. I mean fish smells fishy but most people still eat fish coz it doesn't taste like it smells. I add a tsp to soups and it is lovely :)

1st 6lbs lost so far! 11st 7lbs (updated daily)

I'm not a soup kind of person period. My gag reflex seems to be overactive when it comes to soups. But I love broths (weird right??) I have a feeling I'm going to be living off bullion (in between packs) to give me the savoury kick I need. Not really a big coffee or tea drinker. Also have a feeling I'm not going to be able to stomach the soups without adding chillie/tobacco/worchester/herbs/garlic. Haha! Luckily it's only one a day right. Bullion sounds lovely. Knorr do a beef and a chicken one (from Tesco). It's concentrated so you need to just add one tsp. Only 3 cals per tsp, a lot less than marigold one. Very low in salt and fat to. I bought both brands, just to test. Counting down till I start tomorrow...

Blobalob said:
I bought some of the marigold/veg one of these after reading about it satisfying the craving for savoury things (i can't stand the soups!). However, when I opened it I made the mistake of taking a big sniff...yuk, have put myself off trying it now!
Can I just ask does the salt in this make you retain water? Don't want to try it before my weigh in on Tuesday just in case.

Yeah I think it can. I bought the reduced salt one.

TIGGERTOES said:
I'm not a soup kind of person period. My gag reflex seems to be overactive when it comes to soups. But I love broths (weird right??) I have a feeling I'm going to be living off bullion (in between packs) to give me the savoury kick I need. Not really a big coffee or tea drinker. Also have a feeling I'm not going to be able to stomach the soups without adding chillie/tobacco/worchester/herbs/garlic. Haha! Luckily it's only one a day right. Bullion sounds lovely. Knorr do a beef and a chicken one (from Tesco). It's concentrated so you need to just add one tsp. Only 3 cals per tsp, a lot less than marigold one. Very low in salt and fat to. I bought both brands, just to test. Counting down till I start tomorrow...

You can add Tabasco and chilli flakes :)

Back