BumbleB's attempt to get back to target!!

BumbleB

Hello to anyone reading!

I'm new on this site (after lurking for a while) but not new to slimming world. I've been following sw for a few years now, I did get to target at the new year but have had a few bad months and slipped way over it!!
I'm hoping by keeping track on here I'll get back to target. I was looking for blogs yesterday to get some inspiration but most of the ones that came up on google searches had not been updated recently.

Anyway, after a very bad summer weight wise, I finally seem to be on the slimming world wagon with 8lbs gone in the past 4 weeks which is a record for me!

So yesterday was a good day, food wise.

GREEN

Breakfast: fruit salad (banana, apple, strawberries, grapes and orange) and banana mullerlight

Lunch: stew (potato, leek, onion and carrot) and an orange

Dinner: more stew with 2 quorn fillets with BBQ seasoning

Snacks: 2 choc crisp hifi (B), 1 salted caramel hifi (B), frozen yogurt lolly (2.5) and a banoffee mullerlight (1).

Drinks: 1x salted caramel green tea, 1x coffee, 1x glass of apple dilute

I was going to go Extra Easy today but have left it too late to take salmon from the freezer so will do another Green day instead. Definitely need to up my drinks today, and make more of an effort to get HEA in as yesterday it was only the bit of milk in my coffee and I really need the calcium!

GREEN DAY

Breakfast: was up quite late and had the last of the stew from yesterday~ it was a very small bowl!

Lunch: hummus (recipe is here: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/201326-syn-free-hummus-ee-green-day.html ) with some celery and carrot sticks, 2 boiled eggs and 45g reduced fat halloumi (B)

Snack: orange

Dinner: chicken (quorn substituted) curry (from the curry heaven book, was quite nice although I did make a mistake with the curry powder. Added 2 tbsp instead of 1! This made it very very hot, so added in an extra tin of chopped tomatoes and let it simmer for far longer to thicken up). I had this with sw chips.

Snacks: apple pie mullerlight (1), 3 sesame ryvita with dairylea (A and B)

Drinks: 1x salted caramel green tea, 1x coffee, 3x apple dilute

OK its been a while since I was on, I've been completely off plan and lost all motivation. Need to update the ticker as I'm heavier- it's closer now to to 20lbs to go :S

It is just over 3 months to my sisters wedding so that's the target date in my head. Don't really know how realistic that is since Christmas is between that too- and I never do great over Christmas.

I've weigh in again tomorrow. I've mostly been on track this week apart from a birthday meal out, lunch at the in laws which wasn't completely sw friendly plus a bit of birthday cake. Apart from that I've been on plan- which is a massive change from the amount of junk food I was eating each evening for the past few weeks.

Hello to anyone reading! I'm new on this site (after lurking for a while) but not new to slimming world. I've been following sw for a few years now, I did get to target at the new year but have had a few bad months and slipped way over it!! I'm hoping by keeping track on here I'll get back to target. I was looking for blogs yesterday to get some inspiration but most of the ones that came up on google searches had not been updated recently. Anyway, after a very bad summer weight wise, I finally seem to be on the slimming world wagon with 8lbs gone in the past 4 weeks which is a record for me!

Well done on originally reaching target - they do say that losing weight isn't the hard part, maintaining is. How much have you got to lose to get back to target?

You've done well to come back and getting back on track. You should be proud of yourself. :)

Thanks. I now have 20lb to get back to target. I wasn't a very good target member- I only was in target range for about 5 weeks!!! But I now have the thought of fitting into a bridesmaid dress to keep me on track! I haven't tried it on yet but it looks like it won't be very flattering if I'm carrying extra weight!

Weigh in last night and was delighted to lose 2lbs. Now all I have to do is keep it up and stop having binges. I really want as much off as possible by Christmas.

Food today
B: apple, half mullerlight and 2 weetabix muffins (seen these on IG, that's were the other half mullerlight was)
L: butternut squash soup, the other 2 muffins, orange
D: baked potato, cheese and beans

Dinner included 2 quorn fillets.

Snacks: 2 HiFi light bars, grapes, crunchie (7.5 syns) and peanut hottie drink (4 syns), plus another syn for the cocoa powder in the muffins!

Today has been another good day, I'm on a roll :)

Dinner was a bit experimental. Decided to try a chicken korma recipe from one of the sw magazines. After starting realised I had no tomato puree or quorn chicken pieces (I also had no fromage frais but I normally leave that out of recipes anyway!) So just used more passatta than required and added in loads of veg (what is normally in the one from the indian: carrots, peas, green beans, onions and potato). Turned out really nice- obviously not as nice as the lovely creamy one from the indian but this one was syn free :) I also have loads left as it was just me eating since OH had a late lunch eating out so will having it again tomorrow- probably with sw chips instead of rice.

Breakfast: mullerlight and banana
Lunch: Butternut squash soup with 3 sesame ryvita and 2 dairylea light triangles
Dinner: Vegetable korma and rice
Snacks: Oreo icecream and salted caramel hifi

HEA: milk/ 2 dairylea triangles
HEB: ryvita and hifi bar
Syns: 5.5
Drinks: 3x tea, half a cup of coffee, 1x apple dilute.

So star week has arrived :( Usually I use it as an excuse to binge out on chocolate but am trying my best this time not to!

Today's food:

Breakfast: Mullerlight and banana
Lunch: Butternut squash soup, 3 sesame ryvita with 2 dairylea light triangles
Snack: Apple, grapes
Dinner: Leftover curry and slimming world chips
Snack: quark/peanut hottie/syn free caramel sauce/crunchie mix!!

Am now trying an experimental dessert. Ages ago I made a lovely low syn cheesecake using quark and white chocolate options. Tonight I've tried it with quark and peanut hottie! I've had to use more of the peanut hottie than options though! But right now I have half a tub of quark mixed with 4 teaspoons of peanut hottie, a crushed up crunchie and a few teaspoons of caramel sauce. It's a big enough bowl for 11.5 syns and should stop me craving more chocolate!

HEA: not enough so far today- a wee bit of milk in one cup of tea
HEB: 3 sesame ryvita, will have a hifi bar later if I want it
Syns: 11.5
Drinks: not enough either! So far 2 cups of tea and a can of diet 7up.

So star week has arrived :( Usually I use it as an excuse to binge out on chocolate but am trying my best this time not to!

Today's food:

Breakfast: Mullerlight and banana
Lunch: Butternut squash soup, 3 sesame ryvita with 2 dairylea light triangles
Snack: Apple, grapes
Dinner: Leftover curry and slimming world chips
Snack: quark/peanut hottie/syn free caramel sauce/crunchie mix!!

Am now trying an experimental dessert. Ages ago I made a lovely low syn cheesecake using quark and white chocolate options. Tonight I've tried it with quark and peanut hottie! I've had to use more of the peanut hottie than options though! But right now I have half a tub of quark mixed with 4 teaspoons of peanut hottie, a crushed up crunchie and a few teaspoons of caramel sauce. It's a big enough bowl for 11.5 syns and should stop me craving more chocolate!

HEA: not enough so far today- a wee bit of milk in one cup of tea
HEB: 3 sesame ryvita, will have a hifi bar later if I want it
Syns: 11.5
Drinks: not enough either! So far 2 cups of tea and a can of diet 7up.

How about buying some chocolate and fudge benefit light bars from aldi (they are now a healthy extra) or if u go to group i highly recommend the hifi light caramel & chocolate bars - taste just like twix bars hehe xx
Also in past i found getting my milk allowance down me sometimes was a struggle so i started measuring it into a jug so i know how much i got plus sounds daft but ive been having a glass of milk with one of those hifi bars lol xx

It doesn't sound daft at all. My mum would have her milk measured out and if there was any left over she would use it to make a milky coffee in the evening.
Unfortunately I don't have any aldis at all near me- I don't think there's any in northern Ireland at all :(
I've tried the choc caramel bars before but prefer the rocky road and new chocolate crisp ones. Have you tried them? I love the salted caramel ones too, and peanut, and chocolate orange ones lol. I have to be careful not to overeat them haha

It doesn't sound daft at all. My mum would have her milk measured out and if there was any left over she would use it to make a milky coffee in the evening.
Unfortunately I don't have any aldis at all near me- I don't think there's any in northern Ireland at all :(
I've tried the choc caramel bars before but prefer the rocky road and new chocolate crisp ones. Have you tried them? I love the salted caramel ones too, and peanut, and chocolate orange ones lol. I have to be careful not to overeat them haha

Not tried those so might have to this thursday hehe xx i could send u some in post lol

Having a nice chillaxed sunday today :) Lovely long lie in (won't get one next weekend since I'l be working both days :) ), then some brunch. OH went out for a cycle so I took our two dogs for a walk around the back roads. I definitely need to get more exercise- was getting quite out of breath going up the hills!

How food is looking today I think:

Brunch: 3 quorn bacon rashers, 2 fried eggs and some onion
Snack: cup of butternut squash soup
Dinner: roast beef quorn with roast potatoes, roast carrot, broccoli and onion gravy
Snacks: 2 choc crisp hifi, baked apple and tablespoon of mincemeat.

Really looking forward to dinner tonight, I've been googling sw roast potatoes and going to try a putting some stock in the roast tin with them. Starting to get peckish now so going to go have the soup and then do a bit of tidying up before starting dinner :)

Having a nice chillaxed sunday today :) Lovely long lie in (won't get one next weekend since I'l be working both days :) ), then some brunch. OH went out for a cycle so I took our two dogs for a walk around the back roads. I definitely need to get more exercise- was getting quite out of breath going up the hills!

How food is looking today I think:

Brunch: 3 quorn bacon rashers, 2 fried eggs and some onion
Snack: cup of butternut squash soup
Dinner: roast beef quorn with roast potatoes, roast carrot, broccoli and onion gravy
Snacks: 2 choc crisp hifi, baked apple and tablespoon of mincemeat.

Really looking forward to dinner tonight, I've been googling sw roast potatoes and going to try a putting some stock in the roast tin with them. Starting to get peckish now so going to go have the soup and then do a bit of tidying up before starting dinner :)

I like the idea of putting stock in with your roast potatoes xx may try that next week :)

I will not eat any haribo or galaxy.

Ok i will not ask lol

Lol, my OH had brought home crisps, sweets and chocolate to snack on while watching movies last night. I thought by maybe typing it I wouldn't eat it.... I did.

Food turned out differently than what I planned:

Brunch: 3 quorn bacon rashers, 2 fried eggs and some onion. Half a banana
Snack: apple
Snacks: choc crisp hifi and rocky road hifi mixed into the peanut hottie quark, salted caramel hifi, crunchie, 5 bits of galaxy crisp and haribo winegums. Also a WW yogurt, grapes and a few more slices of the quorn beef.

HEA: milk
HEB: 2 hifi light, 1 hifi
Syns:2 + 4 + 7.5 + 5 + 10(?) = 28.5 :(

Last edited:
Back